DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

USA Made Drones

Or why does DJi not use any US input into the design of their drones, software that drives it all and the design? Don't get me wrong the Mavic 2 is an awesome product but it's just lacking the final polish to make it outstanding. Typically the Chinese work ethic and mentality is 'near enough is good enough' and it shows in the the Mavic 2. I'm sure that if they took on some US input this company and their products would go to the next level.

Why don't we have US drones makers competing with DJI providing Mavic 2 Pro equivalents?
There are no companies anywhere competing with DJI and providing equivalents to any of their products.
Why are there no US made cameras, mobile phones or tablets?
Or why does DJi not use any US input into the design of their drones, software that drives it all and the design?
They probably don't see any need to.

Reactions: Slim.slamma
Or why does DJi not use any US input into the design of their drones, software that drives it all and the design? Don't get me wrong the Mavic 2 is an awesome product but it's just lacking the final polish to make it outstanding. Typically the Chinese work ethic and mentality is 'near enough is good enough' and it shows in the the Mavic 2. I'm sure that if they took on some US input this company and their products would go to the next level.

It’s simple economics. The Chinese workers work their socks off for a pittance and are great-full for it.
Not only DJI but also the mine workers digging the raw materials out of the ground to make the circuit boards and copper wire in the motors. For our Western economies to compete we would have to have a massive drop in the cost of housing, less and smaller cars, no credit, no pensions, no condos and lower living standards with what we are used to. A western made drone would probably cost in the region of tens of thousands of dollars to pay the wages to maintain the living standards of everyone concerned. The whole economy would require a massive paradigm shift away from consumerism to manufacturing.

DJI is worth an estimated 10 Billion Dollars. I think that is already next level.

Reactions: Meta4
Out of interest what would you improve? I find their products of an exceptionally good quality - far better than a lot of mass produced tat.

The drones are well made out of decent materials, the accessories all work and fit well and the range is well thought out and well priced.

Reactions: Sprocket and Kilrah
DJI have offices in the US. Matter of facts, they have engineer design teams in California and New York. DJI is successful because it has collaboration team from a few countries. Chinese only control the headquarters office in China.

Reactions: Big Dazz
It’s simple economics. The Chinese workers work their socks off for a pittance and are great-full for it.
Not only DJI but also the mine workers digging the raw materials out of the ground to make the circuit boards and copper wire in the motors. For our Western economies to compete we would have to have a massive drop in the cost of housing, less and smaller cars, no credit, no pensions, no condos and lower living standards with what we are used to. A western made drone would probably cost in the region of tens of thousands of dollars to pay the wages to maintain the living standards of everyone concerned. The whole economy would require a massive paradigm shift away from consumerism to manufacturing.

Well put. Economics is why all the America-firsters shop at Walmart and at the same time complain about corporations outsourcing to overseas

Well put. Economics is why all the America-firsters shop at Walmart and at the same time complain about corporations outsourcing to overseas
No question that DJI is the absolute leader in the drone industry at this particular time. I have owned 4 drones over a 4 year period, 3 dji and 1 from another drone producer. DJI far exceled in quality and reliability, no doubt in my mind that when I purchase a DJI product I am getting the best of the best.

what about the evo? is that built in usa from out side components? remarkably similar dont you think? so who copied who here? ok let me re phrase. who is famous for stealing tech and trademark abuse? i understand we dont make the components here but we can build them here. any way when i frag my mavic ill get the evo. any drone folks on here know of a usa drone?

what about the evo? is that built in usa from out side components? remarkably similar dont you think? so who copied who here?
Sorry but Autel is a Chinese company and makes their drones in Shenzen China, just down the road from DJI.
Their Evo came out two years after DJI's Mavic (and 6 months after Autel announced it).

GoPro made an attempt. Development cost I guess. Most of the tech was invented in Germany I believe. Mikrokopter, Draganflyer (Canada). I may be wrong but it seems the West stops at the invention of a product. It takes the easy to bring to another level.

GoPro made an attempt. Development cost I guess. Most of the tech was invented in Germany I believe. Mikrokopter, Draganflyer (Canada). I may be wrong but it seems the West stops at the invention of a product. It takes the easy to bring to another level.
Even GoPro's attempt at a drone was made in China

Okay all those willing to work like God-less commie slaves here in America call DJI now to volunteer.

DJI is worth an estimated 10 Billion Dollars. I think that is already next level.
I'm sure the leadership at DJI in China is sharing the wealth with their employees? Communism is all about enslaving the masses and controlling them with a small elite wealthy ruling class.

Standby for a massive uptick in the price of DJI drones due to the so-called trade war.

Thank you president Trump
C'mon anti-Trumper. Surely you know that Trump didn't sell out our country to NAFTA, GATTA, TPP, etc? Snowflakes quit whining and get ready to get real!

Reactions: LAZRTX
C'mon anti-Trumper. Surely you know that Trump didn't sell out our country to NAFTA, GATTA, TPP, etc? Snowflakes quit whining and get ready to get real!
Same people complaining about Trump saving America through tariffs have no problems paying +$6 for a cofveve at starsucks.:)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000