DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

USB a to USB B or C short connector?

dlrdmd

Reactions
I had Thunderdrone repair my remote controller charging port. Using a regular microUSB eventually damaged the port. Thunderdrone did a very quick and fast turnaround. Rather than waiting to damage the port again I am trying to find a short USB A to USB B connector that can be left plugged into the controller. Then I would just have to plug in a standard USB cable to charge the remote without constantly plugging into the remotes port.

Has anyone seen something like this on Amazon?

@dlrdmd check out this magnetic cable from Amazon. I have a few of them and they work great for charging, but not for data. You just plug the end of the cable into your controller and leave it there. When you want to charge, you just put the cable near the plug and it pulls the cable right into the plug magnetically from around an inch away. One caveat, once you put the plug into the controller, try not to take it out too often. Its a PITA to get out! lol But it will save your Micro USB port.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XVRBTXK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Reactions: sea157 and rickw
very surprised you didn't mention to him when you repaired his usb port

very surprised you didn't mention to him when you repaired his usb port

Good point, my bad, maybe I should have. If I didnt mention it to him, it was not on purpose or malevolent in any way.

In my defense, I have been touting this cable for months already here, and have posted about it and different cables in many different posts. I might not have mentioned it to him, but I have mentioned it to thousands of others and probably saved their controllers.

Here is one of my posts that has been viewed a few thousand times.

Mavic 2 fragile Micro USB side port

Last edited:
Reactions: JDawg and rickw
That was my point,lol.That's why I told him to search,just really surprised because of how much you have spoken of them,was not putting you down,just thought it was locked inyour brain because of how much you have spoken of them,thanks soo much for how much you contribute

That was my point,lol.That's why I told him to search,just really surprised because of how much you have spoken of them,was not putting you down,just thought it was locked inyour brain because of how much you have spoken of them,thanks soo much for how much you contribute

Sorry man! Thunderdrones flies off the handle again. Must be the steroids Im taking! (Thats just an excuse I use when Im rude or angry with someone. My wife wants to make a shirt saying, "It's not the steroids, my husbands just an ahole." :D

@dlrdmd check out this magnetic cable from Amazon. I have a few of them and they work great for charging, but not for data. You just plug the end of the cable into your controller and leave it there. When you want to charge, you just put the cable near the plug and it pulls the cable right into the plug magnetically from around an inch away. One caveat, once you put the plug into the controller, try not to take it out too often. Its a PITA to get out! lol But it will save your Micro USB port.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XVRBTXK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

With the part you plug in and let in your RC being Magnetic why would they not mess up the Magnetics in the RC controller?

With the part you plug in and let in your RC being Magnetic why would they not mess up the Magnetics in the RC controller?

Nope. The sticks are protected by shielding all around the stick area. I have been all around the controller with the end plug of the cable and also with a supermagnet and no interference was observed.

Reactions: sea157
Nope. The sticks are protected by shielding all around the stick area. I have been all around the controller with the end plug of the cable and also with a supermagnet and no interference was observed.

Sound good Rob, I think I will give them a try.
I like the idea of not pluging something in and out all the time!

Reactions: Former Member
I returned to Amazon the NetDot cables, because they didn't "click" in place, they were very loose and were disconnected every time I removed the cable from my usb device.

Now I'm trying from another vendor, but they cannot charge my iOS devices.
Possibly I'm unlucky.

Reactions: Former Member
I returned to Amazon the NetDot cables, because they didn't "click" in place, they were very loose and were disconnected every time I removed the cable from my usb device.

Possibly I'm unlucky.
Work perfectly for me. My wife also she destroyed a cable a mont in her Huwai tablet till i got these.

Possibly I'm unlucky.

Yes I think unlucky. I have bought a few dozen of them, and never had a problem. The Netdot ones are ok, but I have bought other brands without the light on them, and they work well too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929