DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

USB-C card reader and dji fly doesnt sync flights

Bojan

Reactions
First of all I would like to say that I am one of the user the cant sync flights in DJI FLY app. I am using mavic mini. Flight data center doesnt sync flights since 12.24.19. I dont know why. But Airdata UAV is syncing them properly.

So, after flight if you wish to transfer photos, videos to phone, you can sync them and wait for several minutes hours while it is transfer. While transferring the Mavic mini should be on On, and gimbal cover off. That is ridiculous. But thats the way it goes. So I am looking for some SD reader for Samsung phone, USB-C. So I can copy photos from sd card directly to phone through sd reader. If anyone has some expirence or suggestion, thank you.

I take it you want a card reader with a USB-C plug as shown in the thumbnail.
cARD R.jpg
If you Google USB C card reader you should see lots at varying prices.

Reactions: Bojan
Thank you. But if I google it then this forum doesn't have meaning. Because here is a lot of user who have drones and maybe really using this way of transferring.
I actually bought one reading google, and it doesnt work. Or it doesnt work with Samsung phone, or the SD cars had to be formatted so Samsung can read it and drone can record it.

@Bojan hi there not quite sure what you are talking about ,in the app under flight data there is a an auto sync slider which can be on or off ,airdata cant get the info until DJI have received it to transfer your videos and pics to your computer you use a card reader with the micro USB from the drone as far as seeing your vids and pics on your phone then you need cache to device turned on in the app

I bought one of these from Amazon and it works fine for reading the micro SD card on a Samsung S10 phone:

Thank you. I will order one.

@Bojan hi there not quite sure what you are talking about ,in the app under flight data there is a an auto sync slider which can be on or off ,airdata cant get the info until DJI have received it to transfer your videos and pics to your computer you use a card reader with the micro USB from the drone as far as seeing your vids and pics on your phone then you need cache to device turned on in the app

The problem is, I sync it over the phone-conected to rc. And the Airdata is sync good, but in Fly app there is last 4 months missing flights..

You can see last flight in both apps. And there are no registred flights in Fly app last 4 months

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200414-120236.jpg
    Screenshot_20200414-120236.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20200414-120257_Airdata UAV.jpg
    Screenshot_20200414-120257_Airdata UAV.jpg
    360.3 KB · Views: 13
do you have a good fast internet connection when you try to sync the flight data and have you changed your email address at all have you tried deleting the fly app and then reinstalling it that might clear the problem you do not need the drone or RC on when you do that,also when you just go into the app after you have been flying you just need to be connected via WIFI to the internet for the flight data to be downloaded to the cloud if you have it on auto

Reactions: WooZie
Some card readers need a USB OTG adapter for a smartphone to be able to access the card. The one I sent a link for has a USB OTG interface built in so you just plug it straight into your phone, and view the contents using a file manager app or the like.

This is a very confusing thread. The OP is asking about the DJI Fly app not syncing flight data to the DJI cloud servers. That does not involve transferring any data from a micro SD card. It's done automatically by the app when it has an internet connection - if that option is turned on in the app settings.

IMG_2D20802ECF7C-1.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: old man mavic
@sar104 The OP asked 2 independent questions in the same thread, hence posts about SD card readers (for transferring photos/videos) and also posts about syncing flight logs. Slightly confusing, yeah.

@Bojan Under the privacy tab (ref sar104's screenshot above) do you have DJI Device Hardware Info enabled? Disabling this prevents upload of flight logs, according to the descriptive text that's displayed when you tap on the pop-down menu next to it.

@sar104 The OP asked 2 independent questions in the same thread, hence posts about SD card readers (for transferring photos/videos) and also posts about syncing flight logs. Slightly confusing, yeah.

Thanks - not sure how I missed the second part of the post.

@Bojan Under the privacy tab (ref sar104's screenshot above) do you have DJI Device Hardware Info enabled? Disabling this prevents upload of flight logs, according to the descriptive text that's displayed when you tap on the pop-down menu next to it.

Interesting observation. That probably needs to be tested, because disabling DJI Device Hardware Information doesn't prevent the sync option from being enabled.

Reactions: scro

Yes, it was disabled. I enabled it now

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll