DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

USB C port, couldn't connect

Duke56

Reactions
Just received my Crystal Sky 7.85" High Brightness monitor. Did all the upgrades to the monitor firmware as well as DJI Go 4. Weather has not been good the past week to fly here in the Northeast. I wanted to check that the monitor worked with my M2Z so connected everything and fired up the monitor, RC and M2Z. Connected to the monitor from the RC using the USB C port to the usb port on the bottom of the RC. Could not connect. Disconnected the cable first from the RC and reconnected, then from the monitor and reconnected, nothing. Finally, I used a usb to micro usb cable and connected to the side of the monitor and, it worked.

Any ideas why the usb c port didn't work?

cable could have been a charge only cable..... cheap ones are like that 2 conductor not 4

Did you have any cables plugged in the micro usb on the side as that will disable to lower usb a port?

Did you have any cables plugged in the micro usb on the side as that will disable to lower usb a port?

No. Nothing attached to the side port. Connecting to the micro usb port on the CS would have yielded the same result. I'm going to try another usb-c cable and see if that's the problem. Process of elimination.

Reactions: mikeroycollins
I had to update the firmware for my CS 5.85 for it to connect to my M2E via USB-C cable. The micro USB worked out of the box.

I took my M2Z and my new 7.85" CS out for a spin on Monday for the first time.. Took a minute or two for the RC and the CS to see each other via the USB C port. A bit of patience needed on my side as I kept disconnecting and connecting the USB C cable. Finally I just let it sit there and after maybe 30 or 40 seconds it connected and was finally able to Go Fly. In this world we think it should be instantaneous, connect and go. Maybe it's one of those things like Windows OS where the first time you connect something it has to install the driver. My second time should be quicker if that is true, we'll see.

Could be the cable. My standard issue Mavic cable would not stay seated. Tried 3 different ones. Slight movement would disconnect the signal. I was always Reseating it and reconnecting even in flight. Had to send it back to dealer in Toronto . They plugged in their cable and sent me a video of them yanking on it while connection was solid. So I got them to send me that cable. Never had an issue since. I’ve had that unit and the issue over a year and was finally solved 2 weeks ago

Could be the cable. My standard issue Mavic cable would not stay seated. Tried 3 different ones. Slight movement would disconnect the signal. I was always Reseating it and reconnecting even in flight. Had to send it back to dealer in Toronto . They plugged in their cable and sent me a video of them yanking on it while connection was solid. So I got them to send me that cable. Never had an issue since. I’ve had that unit and the issue over a year and was finally solved 2 weeks ago

I'm using this setup:

I'm using the DJI quick disconnect for CS so shouldn't be an issue. That mount setup is superb!

Reactions: Cookedinlh
Nice rig... yes DJI quick disconnect or reliable but their USB-C cable is definitely not. I chose mavmount and like it’s weight an feel very much Front Page | Mavmount brand DJI Mavic 2, DJI Mavic Pro, Spark, AIR iPad Tablet Adapter
Either way the larger SC is definitely a better view despite the weight. My only issue now is to tend to activate C1 button inadvertently when shifting weight from one hand to the other.... but I’ve gotten used to paying attention to where my index finger is. Would still like to find a shorter cable that works

Nice rig... yes DJI quick disconnect or reliable but their USB-C cable is definitely not. I chose mavmount and like it’s weight an feel very much Front Page | Mavmount brand DJI Mavic 2, DJI Mavic Pro, Spark, AIR iPad Tablet Adapter
Either way the larger SC is definitely a better view despite the weight. My only issue now is to tend to activate C1 button inadvertently when shifting weight from one hand to the other.... but I’ve gotten used to paying attention to where my index finger is. Would still like to find a shorter cable that works

Are you connecting to the bottom USB port of the RC or the side Micro USB port? I had disconnect issues using the side port of the RC before upgrading to the CS, while using my ipad mini 4. I started using the bottom usb port with the ipad mini and those issues went away.

Tied all of the CS ports and settled on the bottom CS port connected to Mavic bottom USB 2... still the cable was an issue until finding the right one

Tied all of the CS ports and settled on the bottom CS port connected to Mavic bottom USB 2... still the cable was an issue until finding the right one

I see now. I'm using the DJI quick disconnect mount for the CS (see the video I posted above). No issues with the connection using the DJI Quick Disconnect. Comes with the cable already installed, just plug into the bottom USB post on the RC.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser