DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

USB C to Lightning - for iPad

NAZty

Reactions
Anyone have any amazon links or such for a longer USB C to Lighting cable for the MA2 RC?

I ordered the ADAM one without realising its Micro USB lol

Not sure if any cable can be used or if it has to be a certain type so that it’s compatible with the RC?

Or am I now better of just getting a USB C to Micro USB adapter?

Last edited:
Anyone have any amazon links or such for a longer USB C to Lighting cable for the MA2 RC?

I ordered the ADAM one without realising its Micro USB lol

Not sure if any cable can be used or if it has to be a certain type so that it’s compatible with the RC?

Or am I now better off just getting a Micro USB to USB C adapter?
It know it needs to also be a data cable, not just a charging cable. I'm a little unclear myself on how to tell the difference in capabilities from written ad descriptions, or whether all the USB C to Lightning cables are capable of both data and charging. I also can't find any short 9-10” ones, which are the correct length. Any one found any roughly 9-10” ones that work? All the ones I have found are 3 feet in length, leaving a mess of 26” of extra cable to get in the way. You also definitely want a right angle on the Lightning side to protect the Lightning port on the iPad, especially when leaving the iPad connected during transport.

It know it needs to also be a data cable, not just a charging cable. I'm a little unclear myself on how to tell the difference in capabilities from written ad descriptions, or whether all the USB C to Lightning cables are capable of both data and charging. I also can't find any short 9-10” ones, which are the correct length. Any one found any roughly 9-10” ones that work? All the ones I have found are 3 feet in length, leaving a mess of 26” of extra cable to get in the way. You also definitely want a right angle on the Lightning side to protect the Lightning port on the iPad, especially when leaving the iPad connected during transport.

Yeah haven’t been able to find anything myself so now entertaining the idea of keeping this cable and just getting an adapter like below:

Yeah haven’t been able to find anything myself so now entertaining the idea of keeping this cable and just getting an adapter like below:

That should work, too, as long as the cable itself supports video. In the mean time, the original cable works with a Mini 5, if you slide the Mini 5 to the left sufficiently in the mount, and your tablet mount has a gap to slide the cable through the middle, rather than around the right edge. I have two 3 foot cables I ordered to test, and just got them both today. I'll post links, if either of them work.

Reactions: rickfmdj
That should work, too, as long as the cable itself supports video. In the mean time, the original cable works with a Mini 5, if you slide the Mini 5 to the left sufficiently in the mount, and your tablet mount has a gap to slide the cable through the middle, rather than around the right edge. I have two 3 foot cables I ordered to test, and just got them both today. I'll post links, if either of them work.

Below is the cable I received today:

I didn’t realise the MA2 RC doesn’t support an iPad Mini either! I’m coming from an MM so assumed it would as did that. Not a biggie though as have already ordered a tablet holder as want to use an iPad Pro (10.5) but was looking forward to trying out the Mini until the tablet holder arrives.

Fail after fail so far for me lol!

Amazon really is your friend. I use iPad Mini 4 and works just fine on my MA2 controller, and these cables work too, this is the ones you want if you have a tablet holder.

Last edited:
Reactions: NAZty
Below is the cable I received today:

I didn’t realise the MA2 RC doesn’t support an iPad Mini either! I’m coming from an MM so assumed it would as did that. Not a biggie though as have already ordered a tablet holder as want to use an iPad Pro (10.5) but was looking forward to trying out the Mini until the tablet holder arrives.

Fail after fail so far for me lol!
If you have a Mini tablet holder for any prior Mavic, it should still fit the MA2 as well. Mine did! Just flip it around, and the original iPhone cable is still long enough, if you slide the Mini to the left, and run the cable through the tablet holder.

Reactions: NAZty
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottyg2s