DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

USB cable recommendation

Traindriver

Reactions
What recommendations do you have for higher quality cables to connect the RC to a CrystalSky?

My video feeds gets a little jerky at higher distances. The feed on my phone stays clear and strong as long as i have a connection, regardless of distance.

I wouldn’t think that the DJI built drone and the DJI built monitor wouldn’t get along, but I can’t figure why the video gets laggy at “chip shot” distances. Some folks suggest a better cable.

Personally I don't think a better quality USB cable would make ANY difference.

Obviously the shorter the better but that is about it.

Reactions: VouilEz
I have found ANKER brand cables from Amazon to be excellent and now use them exclusively. My 7.85 Ultrbright is mounted on a tripod and is connected to the rc via a 6' USB cable from ANKER. I have never experienced a video problem.

BTW I use the bottom USB C connector on the CS to the bottom USB A connector on the rc

Personally I don't think a better quality USB cable would make ANY difference.

Obviously the shorter the better but that is about it.
I wouldn’t think so either, but no more than they cost, it might be worth a try.

The usb cables dji issue are fine. thin flexible, and they last.
Strangely enough, they are the best to flash with also.

There is no USB 3.0/1 going on with the standard RC that you could benefit from a better cable with.

The short ribbon controller cables are said to have issues, but to be honest i think thats more from the DJi unique connectoroon the side of RC.
Use the Bottom usb port and thread through the side.

The jerkiness/image crapping out, is likely your HD signal and RC signal low or not in sync. going Fast/sport mode perhaps?

I wouldn’t think so either, but no more than they cost, it might be worth a try.

Send me $100 and I will send you an Excellent USB Cable :)

Send me $100 and I will send you an Excellent USB Cable :)
$100 for a cable? Is it a Smart Controller?
If it's not theres no point. If you think it will improve signal quality/range, your kidding yourself.
Its USB 2.0

Just use use the bottom usb port; and any decent 2.0 cable (preferably the DJI one), to your phone/tablet will do.
If you want to improve the signal, get rid of interference, use one with ferrite chokes.

The usb cables dji issue are fine. thin flexible, and they last.
Strangely enough, they are the best to flash with also.

There is no USB 3.0/1 going on with the standard RC that you could benefit from a better cable with.

The short ribbon controller cables are said to have issues, but to be honest i think thats more from the DJi unique connectoroon the side of RC.
Use the Bottom usb port and thread through the side.

The jerkiness/image crapping out, is likely your HD signal and RC signal low or not in sync. going Fast/sport mode perhaps?
No, not in sport mode. Is there anyway to sync up the signals? It’s just odd that there is no issue with the iPhone, but only with the Crystalsky.

No, not in sport mode. Is there anyway to sync up the signals? It’s just odd that there is no issue with the iPhone, but only with the Crystalsky.

VouilEz said:

$100 for a cable? Is it a Smart Controller?
If it's not theres no point. If you think it will improve signal quality/range, your kidding yourself.
Its USB 2.0
You missed the ":)" methinks.

Try Airplane mode, youd be surprised what goes in the background on the phone.
Does CS have airplane mode? NO, its sending data to DJI to track you and hack you and[Edited by Moderator]...
Sry VoillEz, my neighbour...i mean fish, is cranky today.
[Edited by Moderator]

0:19 :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys