DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

USB device disconnected msg.

LostInDark

Reactions
Hi guys,

Yesterday during my flight I've recieved a error msg. USB device disconnected (something like that) and my phone was freezing and after that recieved msg. RC disconnected.. so I've turn off rc through button, close all apps on my phone and restart all again during my drone is hovering over the lake.

For my luck RC connecting very fast and navigate my drone back to me.

After that I've check my flight log but there's noting inside instead the fact that this flight log was separated on two parts.. one till 16 minutes and other from 16 minutes till landing?

Can you help me with any suggestion what could be the problem?

And what is right to do in such kind of cases?

Thanks,

Anton

Usually issues like this are cable/connector related. Are you using the original cable supplied with your aircraft/remote controller?

Reactions: LostInDark
Hi guys,

Yesterday during my flight I've recieved a error msg. USB device disconnected (something like that) and my phone was freezing and after that recieved msg. RC disconnected.. so I've turn off rc through button, close all apps on my phone and restart all again during my drone is hovering over the lake.

For my luck RC connecting very fast and navigate my drone back to me.

After that I've check my flight log but there's noting inside instead the fact that this flight log was separated on two parts.. one till 16 minutes and other from 16 minutes till landing?

Can you help me with any suggestion what could be the problem?

And what is right to do in such kind of cases?

Thanks,

Anton
In these instances, do not panic and freak out (As you did not). As mentioned above, simply unplug the cable from your phone..and reinsert, if that doesn't fix issue, disconnect from controller end and insert. But yeah sounds like you might have a connector or cable issue...could just be a needs a bit of wiggle to seat properly...hard to say at this point unless it happens again and frequently.

You also mentioned that you closed Apps (Plural) you should only have one App active (The Fly App) :)

Reactions: LostInDark
Thanks, but now I've unplugged cable from remote control to clean it with contact spray and I have seen a small sign on the usb-c connector looks like remote control picture. This is only from one side, but on the other side there's nothing.

Maybe this sign mean to be connected to remote control. In my situation was opposite - this end was connected to my phone. I don't see the logic in this but will try.

Last edited:
A search on the forum shows a few issues with the port on the S20 phone as well as the cable. DJI original cables are usually very good but if you have access to another good quality it’s worth testing to rule the cable out or as the cause of the disconnects.

Thanks, but now I've unplugged cable from remote control to clean it with contact spray and I have seen a small sign on the usb-c connector looks like remote control picture. This is only from one side, but on the other side there's nothing.

Maybe this sign mean to be connected to remote control. In my situation was opposite - this end was connected to my phone. I don't see the logic in this but will try.
Can you explain which port you pulled the connector cable from on the controller to plug into the phone? It does matter! Should be same for 2 and 2S.

FlyApp 1.4.x does seem to be buggy as well; so that may be something as well. Let DJI know about it and see what they say.

I'm using usb-c connection, but I saw that on this cable you have a sign like a small remote control just over the one plug.. so this plug was connected to my phone.. but now I've changed direction and will try with this configuration.. doesn't see the logic this plug to be connected on a scheme but will give a try...

I'm using usb-c connection, but I saw that on this cable you have a sign like a small remote control just over the one plug.. so this plug was connected to my phone.. but now I've changed direction and will try with this configuration.. doesn't see the logic this plug to be connected on a scheme but will give a try...
There is a rhyme and reason or DJI would not have done it. The RC plug has to be plugged into the right side port of the controller. The left port is simply a dummy one for the "phone / tablet" plug to fit in for transport and antennae / arm is closed.

You'd be surprised at how many people cannot get the connection(s) right and it is in the manual no less - that experience problems.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent