DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

USB powered wifi extender.

Malski

Reactions
Hi, can anyone recommend a wifi extender for me, I have read many threads on these and I think to help me get smoother video footage from my Tello it's worth a try I have bought a 10,000mah power pack to power it. I am not looking to extend the range of the drone, more than 100 ft and it's nearly invisible anyway. Many thanks.

I also sometimes use the Xaomi MI WiFi+ with my Tellos. I bought mine several years ago, so not sure if that model is still available though.

TelloPilots.com has lots of good, current info on these amazing, uber-FUN little machines.

Reactions: Malski
I have a couple of Tuoshi extenders that have worked well with my Tellos.

Reactions: Malski
I think to help me get smoother video footage from my Tello it's worth a try
Also, have you tried the TelloFPV app?

Compared to Tellofpv, the OEM Tello app is a joke! It has many adjustments you can experiment with to get smoother action - including video bitrate, iFrame interval, controller.mapping, and stick rate, expo and dead zone... etc. Well worth the price of a cheeseburger. :)

Reactions: Grandpa and Malski
Morning,
I got a Pix-Link WiFi Extender which I have used for a couple of days now and it has so far been very good, setup was easy and video quality is much smoother with very little if any pixilation. I have not gone further than I normally do to test range as quite frankly I don't need to, 200 ft away absolute max, height as standard, and it is not saying wifi signal weak on screen, so happy there. Will get tellofpv app and use that, (thanks Umanbean) as it looks to be much superior to OEM app. So thanks everyone for help and advice and here's to loads of great flights over the summer.

Reactions: umanbean