DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

USB to VGA cable?

Reactions
On a Mavic 2 remote there is a USB port, Works great going to an iPad for live view.....but can you use a USB to VGA cable to go from the remote to a VGA (computer) monitor? I know there won't be any touch screen ability but that's not what I'm going for. Already tried the little USB to VGA with the box but you need to download the drivers, so that's out. But was curious about just a cable without the circuit box. Im looking to have someone watch the flight and nothing more without the iPad. Any thoughts?

No. USB does not give you a Video Out signal. You get a live view on your iPad because the video is sent to the DJI Go 4 app in a digital format, which the app then interprets and displays to you.

Depending on why you want on a PC screen you CAn install Bluestacks, and run DJI GO on your PC as an Android App.
PC has no GPS or Gyro/Accelerators, so it's pretty limited, but it's sometimes done for A/V flying Wi-FI short range.

There ARE USB to VGA converters (but must be 3.0).
And im %99.9 sure DJI controller output is either 2.0, or lacking alt display protocol.
Also only one controller port works at a time in case you thinking two monitors

Depending on why you want on a PC screen you CAn install Bluestacks, and run DJI GO on your PC as an Android App.
You can't connect the RC to it though since there is no "device" USB port on a PC, so not useful.

Any thoughts?
You need the smart controller, which has an HDMI output and an HDMI monitor. OR a 2nd remote and mobile device since support for that config was just added.

ive done it myself Kilrah. You need a newer PC with USB-C, and a driver but it can be done.

But yes, if you want any mileage and can afford, the SC is your ticket

It is a little surprising they don't offer an hdmi outlet, most cameras have them.
You'd need long cable to feed from the mavic in flight though. :p

that's how i fly my Mavic. 30m of usb cord in fixed wing mode and just go round in circles like
the old timers

You know I was hacking around( as in the act of being a hack at developing mobile apps) on the DJI developer site and they have what’s called “Windows SDK” which works with Mavic 2. Now they are surprisingly slim on details but in the demo video they are watching the FPV view if the drone on a laptop. Now I don’t know if you connect the remote to the computer or how that works but something to take a look at if somebody has the time

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr