DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

USB type C (male) to USB type C (male) longer cable for tablet?

Kyrgeorge

Reactions
Hi mates, i need your help!
I've just got a new pgy tablet holder to use with the ma2 controller and a Samsung tablet.
But the USB C to USB C cable provided by DJI is too short. So looking to buy a longer one, I've found that there are many kinds of USB C to USB C male cables: such as USB C 2.0, USB C 3.1 and USB C 3.2 cables. What are the specs of the original DJI cable? Are there any limitations if I buy any random one? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
USB C 2.0, USB C 3.1 and USB C 3.2 cables.
Don't know the DJI USB C standard USB 2 Do not get Type C

Get USB 3 (3.2 Gen 2 (x2) preferred)
New nameOld nameOriginal nameSuperSpeed nameMax speed
USB 3.2 Gen 2x2N/AUSB 3.2SuperSpeed USB 20Gbps20Gbps
USB 3.2 Gen 2USB 3.1 Gen 2USB 3.1SuperSpeed USB 10Gbps10Gbps
USB 3.2 Gen 1USB 3.1 Gen 1USB 3.0SuperSpeed USB5Gbps
Your choice from the above
Some suppliers still refer to old/original name

Last edited:
Reactions: Boyce555
Thank you all for your interest in my question...
What is your opinion about that one "Anker Braided USB 2.0 Cable USB-C male to USB-C male" ( PowerLine+ USB-C to USB-C 2.0(3ft) )
According to specs, this is USB Type C but 2.0 !!!

Last edited:
Thank you all for your interest in my question...
What is your opinion about that one "Anker Braided USB 2.0 Cable USB-C male to USB-C male" ( PowerLine+ USB-C to USB-C 2.0(3ft) )
According to specs, this is USB Type C but 2.0 !!!
Amazon and eBay have Type C USB 3xx at same or cheaper.
USB 2 standard is about 20 yrs old USB 3 around 10 yrs old and about 10x faster

Reactions: Boyce555
Excessively long cables are a questionable thing, I find that they leap out and snag everything that comes even remotely near the controller, they are even worse than leaping trees.

Don't know the DJI USB C standard USB 2 Do not get Type C

Get USB 3 (3.2 Gen 2 (x2) preferred)
New nameOld nameOriginal nameSuperSpeed nameMax speed
USB 3.2 Gen 2x2N/AUSB 3.2SuperSpeed USB 20Gbps20Gbps
USB 3.2 Gen 2USB 3.1 Gen 2USB 3.1SuperSpeed USB 10Gbps10Gbps
USB 3.2 Gen 1USB 3.1 Gen 1USB 3.0SuperSpeed USB5Gbps
Your choice from the above
Some suppliers still refer to old/original name
The fact the table you cut and pasted from the CNet article (USB 3.2 explained: Making sense of current and confusing USB standards) does not specifically include the USB 2 standard doesn't mean it isn't supported. It is. USB C is just the connector type.

Spending an extra couple of dollars/euros/quid for a quality USB cable is worth it. Don't worry about the USB 2/USB 3 speed thing. Nothing going over the wire with a Mavic is coming close to saturating the USB 2 bus. And in all likelihood, your phone/tablet is running USB 2 chipset, even with a USB-C connector.

Look for a quality cable with a braided cable. They last longer. But they will wear out, so buy two of them.

Hi mates, i need your help!
I've just got a new pgy tablet holder to use with the ma2 controller and a Samsung tablet.
But the USB C to USB C cable provided by DJI is too short. So looking to buy a longer one, I've found that there are many kinds of USB C to USB C male cables: such as USB C 2.0, USB C 3.1 and USB C 3.2 cables. What are the specs of the original DJI cable? Are there any limitations if I buy any random one? Thanks in advance.

e7dc8941c33cbec7ab97ff259f52f4ac.jpg

Just got this from Amazon work great you can choose 90 angles or straight

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada