DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Use a sticker to display the FAA registration on your drone.

Former Member

Reactions
I have seen countless owners use a magic marker to write their FAA registration number on their drones. No need to do this! Better to use decals, stickers, or other removable label thats not so permanent. It's not uncommon these days to upgrade drones every year, so dont make a permanent impression on something that you might some day want to sell.

Thunderdrones logo 65x32.jpg

I have seen countless owners use a magic marker to write their FAA registration number on their drones. No need to do this! Better to use decals, stickers, or other removable label thats not so permanent. It's not uncommon these days to upgrade drones every year, so dont make a permanent impression on something that you might some day want to sell.

View attachment 58889

And just in case - 91% Isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) takes permanent sharpie pen ink right off them (a good thing for us who made a mistake while writing the number!) :p

Last edited:
Great idea for a drone!
I tried it on a couple x wives and it didn't work so well. :)

Did you use a sharpie or a stickers on the exes? With the high rate of divorce these days, I think henna tattoos will become more popular for husbands and wives, but I think "Mom" will always be permanent ink.

M2P picture w mom.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: NetDep
Reactions: Former Member
I just use my printer and some of that clear peel and stick sheets you get from a place like Staples. On my fixed wing stuff it's nice to get some fancy FAA tail numbers and complements the aircraft. On my MP it's under the battery hidden and sneaky. Well that's what the media would say.

If someone steals your drone, i.e., after an unanticipated landing, the first thing they'll do is remove the sticker. That way, if they're caught, they'll just say "what sticker?" Even before there was such a thing as an FAA registration, I inscribed my phone number with an electric pencil.

You can also get this pencil engraver. I use it a lot for marking keys and small parts.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G96N1G3/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_i_dALpCbEWF1AV0

1e25ed9edf16d742449abcbb86ec4656.jpg

I used a label maker that I have to put FAA and phone number on it. If someone dishonest finds my drone it won’t matter how my info is on it... we all hope for a good person to find our property and return it.

I used a label maker that I have to put FAA and phone number on it. If someone dishonest finds my drone it won’t matter how my info is on it... we all hope for a good person to find our property and return it.
I agree. A buddy went to a yard sale and found my tools that were stolen from my vehicle. Called the police and told them this guy had my tools with my name engraved all over them. He claimed he bought them from another person. I asked if they could get my tools back (I did report them stolen) but the police simple said there was no proof that I had not sold them to a second party and was SOL. The FAA number only keeps me within the FAA & AMA guidelines. I often fly at an active airport and we are required to have proof of AMA membership and the FAA numbers on the aircraft. Phone number is for the honest folks.

What??? I remember when I got registration from FAA it come with a sticker
I'm not aware of the FAA providing anything other than an e-mail with your number and a certificate that you can print out. If you got stickers, you must have used a third party company that charged you more than the FAA's $5.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser