DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Use DJI Media Maker application to generate panorama 360 photo of MINI2 and share to Facebook

TaiTony

Reactions
When I purchased Mavic Air in 2019 and download a DJI Media Maker application. But it is no longer available from DJI download page. I use this lost utility and create the 360 panorama shooting with DJI MINI 2 covert to flat 360 photo. Than use one app named Panorama 360 Camera (iOS and Android both available) to render the flat 360 photo to either spherical or tiny planet and share to Facebook or other social apps. If you need the DJI Media Maker utility, please subscribe my channel and send mail to me([email protected]) and I will give the share link.
Use DJI Media Maker to process MINI 2 Panorama photo and share to Facebook

That's useful to know. How does the resulting panorama compare to the one generated by the DJI Fly App? Is it higher resolution?

When I purchased Mavic Air in 2019 and download a DJI Media Maker application. But it is no longer available from DJI download page. I use this lost utility and create the 360 panorama shooting with DJI MINI 2 covert to flat 360 photo. Than use one app named Panorama 360 Camera (iOS and Android both available) to render the flat 360 photo to either spherical or tiny planet and share to Facebook or other social apps. If you need the DJI Media Maker utility, please subscribe my channel and send mail to me([email protected]) and I will give the share link.
Use DJI Media Maker to process MINI 2 Panorama photo and share to Facebook
I assume the documented limitation of "Panoramic sequences should consist of 5 or 8 files only." no longer applies, as there are 26 images in the current 360° panos?

Mini 2 will also create the flat 360° photo stitch in the camera if you shoot the 360° pano in JPG only. It is only if you shoot it in DNG + JPG that it does not, and the DJI Media Maker utility only works with JPG files, so not much gained going through the utility, unless you manually convert your DNG's to JPG.

Last edited:
That's useful to know. How does the resulting panorama compare to the one generated by the DJI Fly App? Is it higher resolution?
Fly just output flat 360 photo.

That's all the DJI Media Maker does too! Unless you want to first convert your all the 26 DNG's to your own JPG's, let the Mini 2 drone camera create the 360° panorama for you instead, by shooting JPG only. Then convert that pano to a FB upload. Saves the unnecessary DJI Media Maker step. The camera does a great job!

That's all the DJI Media Maker does too! Unless you want to first convert your all the 26 DNG's to your own JPG's, let the Mini 2 drone camera create the 360° panorama for you instead, by shooting JPG only. Then convert that pano to a FB upload. Saves the unnecessary DJI Media Maker step. The camera does a great job!
I've been trying to sort this too....just set my mini 2 to jpg only, then took a 360 Pano, but Facebook doesn't recognise it ☹️...what do I need to change to be able to upload to Facebook as 360 Pano?
Thank you

@GadgetGuy check out this recent thread for how to upload 360 to Facebook:

There's an exif tag buried in the photo that tells Facebook it is indeed a 360. The DJI Fly app for some reason doesn't "bake in" that tag.
A solution is using nadirpatch.com/exif
You upload to this site, then re-download the image. It "bakes in" the exif tag that you need. It actually seems like it doesn't degrade the image much and is also easy to do. Facebook however, definitely degrades the image. Hope that helps!

Last edited:
@GadgetGuy check out this recent thread for how to upload 360 to Facebook:

I found saving the photo to the standalone Google Street View app, then re-saving back to your phone's camera roll to be the easiest and fewest steps to get Facebook to recognize it.

There's an exif tag buried in the photo that tells Facebook it is indeed a 360. The DJI Fly app for some reason doesn't "bake in" that tag. Loading into Google Street View app, then saving back to your phone "bakes in" that exif tag so facebook will turn it into a true 360. The downside is it does degrade the image. Another solution is using nadirpatch.com/exif It actually seems like it doesn't degrade the image at all and is also easy to do. Hope that helps!
Thank you....wonder why it's become so laboured, works straight away on the Go 4 app....

Reactions: TheDude
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+