DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Use of DJI login

sabre414

Reactions
Hello all. I have a Mavic Pro and have been using it with both an iPhone 6S and Apple iPad Mini 4 for over a year. Like many here I prefer not to update to the most recent firmware released, but prefer to stick to firmware .600 in my case without any issues experienced. Recently, the DJI GO4 app on the iPhone 6S was accidentally updated to the most recent version released. Not wishing to bother digging around and trying to reinstall via iTunes for the same version that had been on the iPhone as my iPad mini 4 (v4.1.7), I deleted the new application from the iPhone and have decided just to use the iPad permanently for my flights. My question is this...Do I need to sign in to my DJI account on the iPad to continue flying? What benefits does the login process bring to the pilot after initially registering with DJI? At the moment, everything seems to connect OK but have yet to try flying away from home. The iPad by the way has wifi but not cellular. I have always been very careful not to update the application just in case it forces me to update the firmware on the Mavic and RC. Any help greatly received. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello all. I have a Mavic Pro and have been using it with both an iPhone 6S and Apple iPad Mini 4 for over a year. Like many here I prefer not to update to the most recent firmware released, but prefer to stick to firmware .600 in my case without any issues experienced. Recently, the DJI GO4 app on the iPhone 6S was accidentally updated to the most recent version released. Not wishing to bother digging around and trying to reinstall via iTunes for the same version that had been on the iPhone as my iPad mini 4 (v4.1.7), I deleted the new application from the iPhone and have decided just to use the iPad permanently for my flights. My question is this...Do I need to sign in to my DJI account on the iPad to continue flying? What benefits does the login process bring to the pilot after initially registering with DJI? At the moment, everything seems to connect OK but have yet to try flying away from home. The iPad by the way has wifi but not cellular. I have always been very careful not to update the application just in case it forces me to update the firmware on the Mavic and RC. Any help greatly received. Thanks.

You have to login to use DJI Go 4. The app can’t make you update but it can bug you till you lose your mind. If you don’t connect the iPad to the mavic while it’s within Wi-Fi it physically can’t update the firmware.

You have 01.03.0600 firmware on the Mavic? If you’d like I can show you how to install a custom firmware that upgrades only the non-flight related parts of the firmware. DJI Go thinks it’s the latest version so it won’t even bug you about it. At the same time if it ain’t broke don’t fix it

Reactions: WAXMAN
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty