DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Used Mavic Pro Help wanted

bilbet9

Reactions
Problem? Just inherited a used Mavic Pro. I need lots of help. I have tried using my LG (G5) Android (Version 8.0.0) phone (Software: VS98730) with it but can’t make it connect. I have loaded the DJI Go 4 app (Version 4.3.25) which seems to be working on the phone. Troubleshooting says to go into Application Manager on phone and do some things. I have no “Application Manager” on my phone, after goggling multiple times how to get to A. M., I have given up. Does the Mavic Pro work with an Android phone? There is a cable in the accessories that fits. Is it possible the cable is no good?

Was unit in a crash? Not yet. I have flown it without the phone and it was a bit difficult to get it to RTH, since, I guess, I was never able to define home. But landed it okay.

What have you tried so far? See above.

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)?

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? Don’t know. How can I find out?

What Go app version are you using? DJI Go 4 (4.3.25)

Any modification? (if so what) Not sure.

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) Not since I got it. However, there is some instructions for getting the software updated. I have no idea how to do that.

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link) No.

Yes the Mavic Pro works on Android.

What exactly is it saying you have to do in Application Manager ?

No harm in trying a different cable.

Try using a Data cable (like the one that came with your phone(or tablet), sometimes folks try a charging cable, and those won't work.
Also, try connecting to the bottom center port of the controller to your device. The side port is way to fragile to risk during multiple charge sessions. I only use the side port to connect IF I do an update....Another story.....,.
And once you get it connected, and feeling happy, happy, happy, make sure you don't take of without verifying GPS lock (or hear the nice lady say "Homepoint has been updated, please check it on the map".

Reactions: Capt KO
Thanks for the suggestions! Thanks for sending the link to the Manual. I had not seen that yet and it helps.

Just quit the "connecting" mode after about an hour. Running out of battery. Didn't seem to be doing anything although controller said "Connecting" and the lights on the drone were flashing.

Used the same cable I use to charge the LG5 phone, to connect to the RC. Don't know what is meant by the "data cable." I've only seen one type of cable with my phone.

I am getting to the third step in DJI Go 4 app (under the section called "Connect to the Aircraft") where at the bottom of the page it says "Link with the aircraft" but in this case at step 3 it is not highlighted so I can't go any further.

Is there something I need to do with passwords? There is a WiFi SSID and Password on a forward arm. Do I need to find out how to enter those numbers in my DJI Go4 app on the phone?
Thanks again for any suggestions.

Ah, make sure the AC is NOT in WiFi mode if you are wanting to use the RC. There's a switch next to either the SD card slot or the bind button.

There are two connections to diagnose.
1. Between app and RC. Initially that sounded like your initial problem until you mentioned "connecting" on the RC. It sounds like you sorted that out. App should show "RC Connected" at lower left on the screen before you go to camera view.
2. Between RC and AC. It is possible to get the RC to connect to the AC and fly it even without the phone and app.

I'm in the same situation as Bilbert9. LG G5 phone. The first time we tried it, it worked great and I recorded video on the phone. Next time, I can fly but no video. Did all the troubleshooting tips mentioned above. We connected to previous owner's LG phone and it worked fine. Connected to my phone, no joy. Connected to an i-phone, it worked fine. Connected to my LG, it worked once and not since. I can fly the drone with the map and other displays, but no video. So, it doesn't seem to be the cable, or connections or switches. Is there something in the Mavic software that doesn't like LG G5s? Do I need to burn incense or sacrifice a chicken?

Did you try to uninstall the Go4 app, delete all cache from device for the app, reboot your device, then reinstall said app.
Look for video caching on your device and enable it (remember, there are low res. files. the full res files are on the sd card in the bird) in the Go4 app.
Are you using the usb port on the bottom of the controller? More robust connection than the tiny side port...

While you're trying that, I'll get a chicken ready....

Reactions: Wilbur
I did try uninstalling and re-installing the software (twice). I'll try the bottom port with a couple of different cables.
Thanks.

I did try uninstalling and re-installing the software (twice). I'll try the bottom port with a couple of different cables.
Thanks.

Try to make sure it's a data cable, and not just a cheapie charging cable.
There are differences...
Try the cable that came with your device of choice, (phone or tabby, those would be data cables)..

Thanks for the suggestions. The bottom port did not work either. The cable I tried is one which I have used to transfer video and stills from my phone to computers. So, operating on the theory that there is something in the LG G5 that is not compatible with DJI software, I've decided to just buy a used phone or device that has no other purpose than to use with the aircraft. A larger image would be nice. I'll be looking for suggestions.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54