DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

User Manual

misticjeff

Reactions
Hey guys,

If not against rules, I can send anyone who wishes a link to download the user manual. Hate to post the link here for fear it may get taken down. Shoot me a message with your email address and i'll send you the link. Admins/Mods if this is not acceptable I fully understand.

It's not against the forum rules, but DJI prefers not to have it posted. I posted it over at PhantomPilots and DJI emailed to ask me to remove it.

No need to send, but maybe you could just tell us something.

Does it show a provision for auto-focus on the camera? Or what focus modes are there? I'm still having a hard time digesting the tap-to-focus thing.

The unofficial manual does not mention the focus feature.

From the manual, things referring to camera or "focus"... some info may be redundant but included for all.

10. C1 Button
Press once to focus at center.
12. C2 Button
Press once to playback.

1. Camera Settings Dial
Turn the dial to adjust camera settings such as ISO, shutter speed, and aperture without letting go of
the remote controller.

The on-board camera uses the 1/2.3 inch CMOS sensor to capture video (up to 4096×2160p at 24fps
or 4K at up to 30 fps with the Mavic Pro and 12 megapixel stills. You may choose to record the video in
either MOV or MP4 format. Available picture shooting modes include burst, continuous, and time-lapse
mode. A live preview of what the camera sees can be monitored on the connected mobile device via the
DJI GO app.

Focus/Metering Button
/ : Tap to switch between focus and metering mode. Tap to select object for focusing or
metering.

Auto Exposure Lock
AE : Tap to lock the exposure value.

Camera Settings
: Tap to set ISO, shutter and auto exposure values of the camera.

and that's really it guys... keep in mind that this is probably not the final edit of the manual but probably not to expect too much more in regards to the camera and focusing.

Plus, there are misprints and stuff that looks left-over from a different model of drone. I would not trust anything until it is released into either the DJI Go App or the DJI product website. no sense in learning bad information that could end up biting you in the arse in the end.

Plus, there are misprints and stuff that looks left-over from a different model of drone. I would not trust anything until it is released into either the DJI Go App or the DJI product website. no sense in learning bad information that could end up biting you in the arse in the end.

Agreed...but for some people like me, the focus issue really is a deal-breaker. So it would be nice to know exactly how that functions before committing to buying it.

You tap the screen to focus, just like focusing the camera on an iPhone.

You tap the screen to focus, just like focusing the camera on an iPhone.

I get that, but if I'm shooting video with my iPhone it is auto-focusing. The only time I have to tap the screen is if I want it to focus on a subject other then what the auto-focus is already focused on.

I've posted a link to the 'PRE-RELEASE' manual in the help guide section of the forums. This is for reference and not a replacement to the shipped final edition!!! You've been warned.

Mavic Pro Help

It would be helpful if dji would put a date or version number on the pdf manual.
Then you could cross check it with updates.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fara