DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using 3-5v from the MM's back led ?

Philgib

Reactions
Hello guys,

Has anyone of you opened the MM and take some power out of it ? Do you know the voltage powering the backlight of the MM ?

Thank you

Last edited:
Not exactly what you asked for, but there's a guide to hooking up LEDs to the switched side of the power circuit in the Mavic Mini on YouTube.

Mavic Mini Headlights
Pretty cool mod, adding headlights to the Mini. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your flying.

Alan, that was perrrrfect that 's all I wanted to know and more. I just added a powerful white led in a front eye, that is great, and the bird still flies correctly. Thank you so much !

Now I have 2 issues...

- Most bright 5mm led work at 3.2v / 3.4v. The MM voltage at this point shows 3.6V
- Now the big question is how much current can be drawn from that source without messing up the whole thing, as I intend to fill the second eye with another bright led, and a high power strobe ( Flytron) toward the sky as a safety measure

Attachments

• led.jpg
    led.jpg
    498.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Reactions: Alan_M
Depends on how much current gets drawn overall, the design margins of the circuits, the resistivity of the interconnects.

You realize that this will reduce flight time proportional to the current draw of the new lights. Is this really improving flight saftety?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S