DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using a tablet

Hodge

Reactions
Is anyone using a tablet with their Mavic Mini? If so what are you using?

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" and I get a message that the Fly app can not be installed, but my Samsung phones will allow the install.
So, I was wondering what tablets they are supporting now.

If Samsung tablet are'nt being supported now has anyone heard of them planning support in the future?

Fly requires Android 6.0 or higher in 64bit hardware/OS.
It also requires 4GB RAM installed for it to appear in Play, but many have been able to download from DJI and install with less than 4GB. 2GB is probably the practical minimum but depends on what's left for the app to use.

Reactions: Big buzzer
Fly requires Android 6.0 or higher in 64bit hardware/OS.
It also requires 4GB RAM installed for it to appear in Play, but many have been able to download from DJI and install with less than 4GB. 2GB is probably the practical minimum but depends on what's left for the app to use.
I have 16GB and Android 7.0 but I still get the message that the app can not be installed on my device
I have tried it from Google Play and from the DJI web site but get the same result
Funny both my old Galaxy S6 and my new Galaxy S10 are happy to install the app, just not on the tablet

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 - 8GB ram and works fine.
Well color me jealous.
I have two different Samsung tablets and in both cases the installer stops the install and reports that the app was not installed.
I see the version that they have for download currently is v1.06 is that the one that you were able to install?

I have 16GB and Android 7.0 but I still get the message that the app can not be installed on my device
I have tried it from Google Play and from the DJI web site but get the same result
Funny both my old Galaxy S6 and my new Galaxy S10 are happy to install the app, just not on the tablet
16GB RAM or 16GB storage? I don't think they make any Androids with 16GB RAM yet. I'm not even sure there are any with more than 4GB RAM.

Reactions: xxdabroxx
After so much pain in trying to install DJI FLY on Samsung tablets, I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (2019) WiFi 32GB 2GB RAM SM-T290 and finally I managed to install the app and everything works well.Watch my posts.

After so much pain in trying to install DJI FLY on Samsung tablets, I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (2019) WiFi 32GB 2GB RAM SM-T290 and finally I managed to install the app and everything works well.Watch my posts.

Good news for you but that's a bummer for me looks like my current tablet isn't going to work so now I have to decide if I want to replace it or just fly the mini using my old galaxy phone. :(
It's odd that the Go Fly is supposed to be a scaled down flying app but needs more memory then the DJI Go app

Sorry about that, it has 16 GB Flash Memory, 1.5 GB RAM Memory
1.5GB RAM is quite small. I have a Tab E with that little and it's a bear with any DJI app, even the one for Robomaster.
Besides slowness, Samsung has something in the E that tends to block the USB connection, as I experienced as far back as Go 3 for my P3A.

I have found the same issue. I have a brand new samsung active tablet that will work with my Tello, and Mavic 2 zoom enterprise but not the mini for some reason. Doesn't make sense.

I'm selling my old IPAD Mini 2 with WiFi/Cellular and 32gb on ebay. I would lower price for guys/gals in forum. The cellular models (Ipads) are better than the non as they update home point easier.

Based on what I've read around here, I use a refurbished iPad mini 5 with cellular...works fine!

I'm new here and an absolute noob,I just bought my kid the Mavic mini and want to get him a tablet with it,but want to to be sure to get him one that works well with and doesn't need to be upgraded immediately, there are so many choices and seemingly wrong choices.
The tablet will be dedicated to flying,I like to buy refurbished or used ( I'm somewhat cheap,where I can be)
I saw attman53 recommended this Sm-t290 anyone else use it?
What do I want to avoid. I will peruse more in the forums and maybe find some answers but will appreciate any input.Thanks,Ennui

I'm new here and an absolute noob,I just bought my kid the Mavic mini and want to get him a tablet with it,but want to to be sure to get him one that works well with and doesn't need to be upgraded immediately, there are so many choices and seemingly wrong choices.
The tablet will be dedicated to flying,I like to buy refurbished or used ( I'm somewhat cheap,where I can be)
What do I want to avoid. I will peruse more in the forums and maybe find some answers but will appreciate any input.Thanks,Ennui
@Ennui: The Fly app does work on the Galaxy Tab SM-T290. Download the app from the DJI site.

Reactions: Ennui

I just bought a Samsung tab A sm-t290 today. The fly app will not install from the play store. To get it to work you will need to open the tablet settings and select security, then tap "Install Unknown Apps". A list of apps will show. I selected "My Files" then tap allow. Next you will need to go to the dji website to download the apk file for Android. After it's downloaded open My Files folder and tap on the apk to install.

I had a 23 min flight using the new tablet, and didn't have any problems whatsoever.

Reactions: Ennui
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll