DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using an 8" tablet on the Mavic Air...

JPSCH

Reactions
Hi ! I'm planning to buy a Mavic Air, and I wanted to know it I can insert a Samsung Galaxy Tab 8 inches ?
I saw some video showing that an iPad Mini 7.9 inches works well, although it's tight...
...so I wondered if the extra 0.1 inch could prevent it to fit the Mavic "arms" ??
Your opinion ??
Thanks in advance...

I think it will work. But haven't tried. For my tablet mounting I use HOLDER

The MA remote doesn't have the lcd screen so having the tablet overtop it doesn't bother me.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Samsung Tab A works fine. just turn off Caching when flying/recordng.

I don't have too much trouble with cache enabled on my Tab-A with my M2Z.
I do however have an SD card installed and directed the cache to go there.

Slight OT, but I'm curious about the "Turn off cache" thing? Is that an Android setting? And, why should we do it?

Edit: Found it...In the DJI Go 4 app...I take it it gets full and booga happens?

Cheers!

For me I noticed on all my devices when I was locally cache recording (both to SD and internal memory) that my live video in go4 was choppy/laggy. With it turned off I have no problems. And I find no need for it, I fly almost exclusively within VLOS and not far off.

Reactions: skeeter123

My tablet is about 9.4 inches. Not even close to fitting.

I bought a Holder. I find that more convenient anyway.

I use a 10" Android tablet with a PGYtech holder for MA's RC.

Hi ! I'm planning to buy a Mavic Air, and I wanted to know it I can insert a Samsung Galaxy Tab 8 inches ?
I saw some video showing that an iPad Mini 7.9 inches works well, although it's tight...
...so I wondered if the extra 0.1 inch could prevent it to fit the Mavic "arms" ??
Your opinion ??
Thanks in advance...
It's not tight at all - perfect fit if anything. It should be able to accommodate an extra 2.5mm with ease.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada