DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using fly app with dronelink

Rchawks

Reactions
Is this sound advice (google search)

I used to do with these procedures: (comment not mine)
1. Power on the drone and also Open DJI Fly App and complete the required/needed settings

2. Close/Exit the DJI Fly App

3. Open the App info of the DJI Fly App and force stop it (or make sure it is totally stopped)

4. Open the Dronelink and execute the planned mission

5. After the mission is ended. Landing the drone and power-off the drone and stop Dronelink (force stop) and power-on the drone and start the DJI Fly App to do the next flights.

With doing so, everything should be fine.

Also can Drondlink be used with M3pro?

Just a bit nervous is all. OK, very nervous after reading so many issues. I'm glad I posted the thread it led me to the links of problems below. Thanks Guys I think I'll pass and fly manually, thanks for the views.

Last edited:
Reactions: evtide
DroneLink is fine with compatible drones and compatible systems.
I have Dronelink on my Android phone. All missions are planned on computer. When I go out I make sure I have data service turned on an available.
I turn on Air 2s, turn on controller, and wait for the option to start up DronLink or Fly app and select Dronelink. If the option doesn't pop up then I start Dronlink manually. When I finished all missions the I just exit the Dronlink app. It's that simple. If I did want to make a manual flight I exit (turn off) Dronlink and start the Fly app.

Reactions: Rchawks
Don’t give up on Drone Link. It‘s been working great for me for the handful of non-revenue trial missions I’ve flown. There was a period of a week or so where the Drone Link follow-up update to a DJI firmware update needed to catch up, but the developer was pretty responsive and there was a workaround until the offidial DL update was released. I‘m happy with Drone Link and do trust it with my Air 2s.

When I connect my Mini controller (MR1SS5) to my Android phone, it pops up a prompt asking my choice of whether to allow DJI Fly or Litchi to access the controller from the phone.

Or if I have either Litchi or Fly already open when I first turn on the controller, it prompts me to allow only that app access to the controller.

But, in every case it asks if I want to make one or the other the default app to open automatically whenever the controller is connected. I've always avoided selecting one as the default, because I often want to use the other one.

DJI-Fly-MR1SS5.jpg

Litchi-MR1SS5.jpg

Reactions: Rchawks and FLDave
Also, configuration changes made in one app will carry over to the other app. Important things like RTH height settings are stored on the drone, not by either individual app. So if you change that RTH height setting while using one app, the other app will know it the next time its opened as it reads that stored setting from the drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98