DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using Ipad mini 2 with the Mavic

Montypaks

Reactions
So I'm new to all this and got an iPad mini2 in anticipation of my Mavic..

I took my first "major" flight today and the mini2 let me down majorly.
It was supposed to be dedicated to the Mavic only and I have nothing on it apart from drone related apps like B4UFLY, Hover etc and the app for this forum, so the iPad was as "fresh" as it could be!

During the flight, I received warnings that the cpu was overloaded and it was lagging like hell!

Any advice? Should I give up and sell this iPad now? What's the way forward?

So I'm new to all this and got an iPad mini2 in anticipation of my Mavic..

I took my first "major" flight today and the mini2 let me down majorly.
It was supposed to be dedicated to the Mavic only and I have nothing on it apart from drone related apps like B4UFLY, Hover etc and the app for this forum, so the iPad was as "fresh" as it could be!

During the flight, I received warnings that the cpu was overloaded and it was lagging like ****!

Any advice? Should I give up and sell this iPad now? What's the way forward?
It should be app issue not device problem. I have same problems with ipad 4 dedicated device and is starts after a certain app ver. update (i don't remember which one)...

Sounds like a pain but I'd try a factory reset, should be no issues with the ipad mini 2. Try ensuring your icloud & wifi is off too when you fly. What iOS is it?

Ok thanks for the suggestion... I'll try that! Since it's a dedicated device, I didn't think I'll have to put it on airplane mode too.

It's running iOS 10.3
Hesitant to update to iOS 11 as the newer os versions are usually heavier.

Also read that disabling cache in the DJI app could help as well... I'll do all that and feedback

read that disabling cache in the DJI app could help as well
Yes -- anything that can free up resources will help. You can find some other tips here.

Currently running an iPad Mini 2 here iOS 10.3, no Overload issues.

Video Cache is OFF, If you ABSOLUTELY need the video caching, you need a more powerful device like a Shield K1 or an Iphone 7 and up or an android Phablet.
Map Caching is on.
HD Pic Autosync is on.

I have a few apps on my mini, but less than 5.
iPad settings: background app refresh off, reduce motion on

I use an iPad Mini 2, and had had cpu overload issues prior to the last few DJI updates. Flew a LOT a few weeks ago (over ocean water) and didn’t have any CPI issues at all.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots