DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using Magnetic connecting cable on smart controller?

Captain Lou

CRAZ-E-LOU
Premium Pilot
Reactions
I’m using a magnetic connecting cable to charge my smart controller..... the piece that stays in controller is the magnetic part!
I was just going through the settings page on controller and I saw a compass reset which I did, just a mater of moving controller around.... my question is , is that magnetic connector effecting the compass on the controller?
Should I not take a chance with it and use factory cable ?
What is the compass on controller do ? Did old controller have a compass reset?
Thanks in advance!

Have been using 2 x controllers (MAVIC AIR & MAVIC2 ZOOM) with the 'magnetic' bit in them for several monrhs and have had no problems. Fitted and the controllers carried on as usual... no compass reset required.

Reactions: Inspirephil
If the new smart controller has a compass built in (as the older M2 controllers relied on GPS and compass info from phone/tablet connected), then yes, it will be affected by any magnetic interference.

I would use a standard cable instead

Reactions: Kilrah
Have been using 2 x controllers (MAVIC AIR & MAVIC2 ZOOM) with the 'magnetic' bit in them for several monrhs and have had no problems. Fitted and the controllers carried on as usual... no compass reset required.
Thanks for your info. I was thinking about getting one and I was worried about magnetic interference but if you say that you’re using it with no problems I might give it a try.

His experience means nothing since he's talking of different devices.

The SC has an android phone, with a compass/IMU built in. The devices he mentions don't.

Reactions: Inspirephil
His experience means nothing since he's talking of different devices.

The SC has an android phone, with a compass/IMU built in. The devices he mentions don't.
So if I am using the stock remote controller it won’t work without creating problems?

I’m using a magnetic connecting cable to charge my smart controller..... the piece that stays in controller is the magnetic part!
I was just going through the settings page on controller and I saw a compass reset which I did, just a mater of moving controller around.... my question is , is that magnetic connector effecting the compass on the controller?
Should I not take a chance with it and use factory cable ?
What is the compass on controller do ? Did old controller have a compass reset?
Thanks in advance!
I had 0 issues with disconnects and atti modes until I started using those magnetic cable. Then I removed all of them. 0 issues, I reinstalled them all to see if they were causing havvoc. They were the culprits.... I removed them all. 0 issues again....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e