DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

using Mavic battery to charge Mavic controller?

mikemoose55

Reactions
My controller runs out of juice after about 3 flight batteries. I have 4 MP batteries and the adapter to use the battery as a power source. Question is can I charge / boose/ extend the controller time with power from the MP flight battery?
Is anyone doing this?
Thank you for your time and energy ....
mikemoose55

There are so many portable charging devices that this doesn't make sense. Why use the MP battery and decrease its lifespan when you can get a $10 10,000mAh charger?

My controller runs out of juice after about 3 flight batteries. I have 4 MP batteries and the adapter to use the battery as a power source. Question is can I charge / boose/ extend the controller time with power from the MP flight battery?
Is anyone doing this?
Thank you for your time and energy ....
mikemoose55

You can - Buy Mavic Pro Battery to Power Bank Adaptor

But as pointed out, you might as well spend that $20 on an external power bank...

There are so many portable charging devices that this doesn't make sense. Why use the MP battery and decrease its lifespan when you can get a $10 10,000mAh charger?
great news do you have any suggestions for the portable charger?
I have a car charger but was looking for something that is plug and play power. I also have the power bank adapter (fly more package) but want to be sure i am not going to fry the controller or damage the battery. Have plenty of OEM batteries fo Mikemoose55

great news do you have any suggestions for the portable charger?
I have a car charger but was looking for something that is plug and play power. I also have the power bank adapter (fly more package) but want to be sure i am not going to fry the controller or damage the battery. Have plenty of OEM batteries fo Mikemoose55

I have the Monoprice Select Series 20000 mAh Power Bank. It can recharge the MP controller 3 times plus some juice left to charge my cell phone. Can be had for less than 30 bucks from Amazon or less than 25.00 direct from Monoprice.

DJI has a specific adaptor to do this. The process is not to use a fresh battery but one that has already been used. It's usually at 30% down to 20% so it should not be flown with again until it's charged but you can use it to charge the controller. It comes in the Fly More package automatically.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580