DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using Mavis Pro accessories/batteries on Mavic 2

mfc

Reactions
I'm thinking of upgrading my Mavic Pro to a Mavic 2, but apparently all the accessories .. and the batteries .. are different, which makes this a much more expensive proposition than just upgrading the drone itself.

Are there adaptors so that one can use Mavic Pro batteries on a Mavic 2? I'd really like to avoid buying a whole set of new batteries, chargers, car charger, etc.

I believe the MPP is 3S. M2 is 4S, so voltage alone won't work.
But despite that, if would be really difficult to get a perfect fit, which would be very important for safe flying.

But despite that, if would be really difficult to get a perfect fit, which would be very important for safe flying.

I was afraid that might be the case :-(. Thanks for the answer!

So I suppose the other approach might be to upgrade the camera in the Mavic Pro (that's really the only reason I'm considering an upgrade). Is that possible? [I've tried googling .. doesn't look good...].

I'm fairly upset with DJI .. they won't fix bugs in the Mavic Pro firmware .. and this incompatible hardware 'upgrade' (which might well have the same bugs) is really rubbing it in.

No other camera for the Mavic Pro than what you already have.

If you’re trying to get better picture quality, you have a few choices.
And if the dollars are part of the equation, possibly a used package may work.
Phantom 4Pro, used under one thousand dollars.
Mavic Pro 2, used under 1500.00
Mavic Air, used under 800.00( the noisiest of all of them)

Reactions: mfc
DJI has a very g
OK thanks. Grim news. Given that DJI does not seem to care about its existing customers, any other recommendations?
DJI has a pretty good idea of what they need to do to make a buck. It may not be beneficial to some, but we do have a choice as to our participation level.

If you’re trying to get better picture quality, you have a few choices.
And if the dollars are part of the equation, possibly a used package may work.
Phantom 4Pro, used under one thousand dollars.
Mavic Pro 2, used under 1500.00
Mavic Air, used under 800.00( the noisiest of all of them)
OK, thanks. Size matters in this case; here is my current 'packed to go' configuration:1568487041661.png

In some sense dollars are not the big issue .. perhaps its more having to spend he time researching everything from scratch, again. Will the new batteries fin in the same LIPO bags? And if they are bigger, that means they will not, and so I will need to change the bag shown above ... and so it goes on.

Unless your intention is to keep the Pro, you should be able to offset some of the upgrade cost by selling the package.

Unless your intention is to keep the Pro, you should be able to offset some of the upgrade cost by selling the package.

Is a thought. Looks like for now I should just stick with the Pro. It flies well and the photo quality is adequate; a few recent panoramas here: Speleogroup - sgpanos -- but one always wants a bit more detail ...

Electronics do become obsolete rather quickly. The P3A/P became obsolete somewhere around 2 years or so after it was released.

Unfortunately the M2P is stand alone, and the MP isn’t really upgradeable. So you’re stuck.
That said if you sell your MP, the M2P is well worth the difference. Features, performance, and if it is important, image quality, is just amazing. If you can swing it, you wont regret it.

Reactions: PAW
Unfortunately the M2P is stand alone, and the MP isn’t really upgradeable. So you’re stuck.
That said if you sell your MP, the M2P is well worth the difference. Features, performance, and if it is important, image quality, is just amazing. If you can swing it, you wont regret it.

Understood. As I mentioned above it is not so much the ££ but the having to research everything all over again. i.e., the time ...

I tend to use the MP intensively a few times a year for cave-hunting, so perhaps it will suffice for another year. (Some results are here: Speleogroup - sgpanos)

As I mentioned above it is not so much the ££ but the having to research everything all over again. i.e., the time ...
Well, a big short-cut to all that research is @msingers excellent resource Mavic Help. Everything from best bags and accessories to his "How To" sections. A big time-saver!

Reactions: mfc
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots