Get more from your Mavic
The largest Mavic community in the world
Join Us Now

Using my Mavic Mini 1 beyond photo/video/fly around

nld09

Reactions
I used my Mavic Mini 1 to help me took down 100ft+ straight dead pine tree ?. Ok... I would not recommend doing it if you don't know what you are doing.

I used the MM1 to pull up a fishing line around a branch near top. Once that was done, I pulled a light duty rope with a fishing line. Afterward, I pulled a 3/4 inches heavy duty ropes (300ft total) up with the light duty rope. I then used a heavy duty rachet tie down to another tree (like 200ft away). I used two rachet tie down to tight it up until the pine tree lean towards that direction and I couldn't tight it up anymore. I pulled out my 16 inches gas power chained saw to take it down safety. Definitely you need all your PPE.

Save me $600 bucks... Enough to buy MM2 ?.

Last edited:

Saladshooter

Reactions
I used my Mavic Mini 1 to help me took down 100ft+ straight dead pine tree ?. Ok... I would not recommend doing it if you don't know what you are doing.

I used the MM1 to pull up a fishing line around a branch near top. Once that was done, I pulled a light duty rope with a fishing line. Afterward, I pulled a 3/4 inches heavy duty ropes (300ft total) up with the light duty rope. I then used a heavy duty rachet tie down to another tree (like 200ft away). I used two rachet tie down to tight it up until the pine tree lean towards that direction and I couldn't tight it up anymore. I pulled out my 16 inches gas power chained saw to take it down safety. Definitely you need all your PPE.

Save me $600 bucks... Enough to buy MM2 ?.
Very cool, how did you pull up the fishing line without interfering with the drone and how did you release the line?

nld09

Reactions
I used a twist tie to the body of the mini to extend out the fishing line so it wouldn't interfere with props. I flied up near top of the tree, did almost 360 degree circle above a branch (to hold the fishing line), and then brought the mini back down with the fishing line.

nld09

Reactions
Thanks 72evenant. It was a very simple but crucial step to safety took down the tree. With the MM1 small size and stability, it got the job done.

Reactions: 72evenant

Saladshooter

Reactions
Thanks !!