DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using the DJI GO 4 and Litchi programs

tca

Reactions
Can you have both the Litchi program and the DJI Go 4 program on your Apple Mini I Pad4 and rotate between programs .......I want to use the Litchi program for "way point's" but I still like the Go4 program.

Reactions: FL AV8R
Absolutely! Lichti gives one a warning message that DJIGO4 must be closed on the device and not just running in the background for Lichti to operate properly. I switch between the two programs on the same device without issue.

Reactions: FL AV8R and ksmusa
Absolutely! Lichti gives one a warning message that DJIGO4 must be closed on the device and not just running in the background for Lichti to operate properly. I switch between the two programs on the same device without issue.
Hmm ... unclear. I’d guess, from what you said, that you start both, ignore the warning from Litchi, and happily switch between them “on the fly”. Yes?

I’ve seen that message from Litchi. Figured it meant there’d be unstable crosstalk somewhere down the software stack if both Litchi & DJI GO4 were in memory.

On my iPad Mini4, I can “close” GO4 with the home key, but it remains in memory (or is cached to appear so), probably running a residual stub. Swiping up on the home screen lets me truly kill the app, removing it entirely from memory.

So when you say, “closed on the device and not just running in the background” I’m not really sure what you mean, or at least what you do.

For me, I take off in the Go app, make sure everything is set, close that app, then launch Litchi and fly the waypoint mission. Works great.

I took a look at Litchi but could not quite figure out what waypoints are or how they help. Is there a ready reference to help the uninitiated?

Waypoints in Litchi allows you to design a flight in advance on your phone or better yet on your PC to fly between fixed points at a preselected velocity with the drone pointed in a desired direction or at point of interest. You can also present the gimbal angle and select a flight path curvature as you fly past waypoints.

Using Virtual Litchi you can preview your flight with Google Earth Pro to see how it will look. This simulation isn’t perfect so caution is still needed around tall trees and or other tall obstacles.

Reactions: wjtvet
I took a look at Litchi but could not quite figure out what waypoints are or how they help. Is there a ready reference to help the uninitiated?

Litchi tutorials on YouTube. Lots to view.
If you have a limited data plan use the free wifi at your local library, coffee shop, etc. Download the videos if you want to view them offline. This lets you stop/start/rewind etc as you take notes and digest the info.

Hmm ... unclear. I’d guess, from what you said, that you start both, ignore the warning from Litchi, and happily switch between them “on the fly”. Yes?

I’ve seen that message from Litchi. Figured it meant there’d be unstable crosstalk somewhere down the software stack if both Litchi & DJI GO4 were in memory.

On my iPad Mini4, I can “close” GO4 with the home key, but it remains in memory (or is cached to appear so), probably running a residual stub. Swiping up on the home screen lets me truly kill the app, removing it entirely from memory.

So when you say, “closed on the device and not just running in the background” I’m not really sure what you mean, or at least what you do.

Open DJIGO4 and get the drone up in the air and begin flying towards the area that one created the first waypoint in thier Lichti Mission. Then when they feel they are close . CLOSE DJIGO4 by double clicking Home button and swiping DJIGO4 away. Then launch Lichti and load the Waypoint Mission.

One can also use FPV mode in Lichti to fly to the location and then start the Waypoint Mission. So no need to even use DJIGO4 if you dont want to.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oshgeo