DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using two controllers, unable to calibrate compass or to chose flight mode on secondary one

dziki

Reactions
Greetings!

I started to use two controllers with my Mavic 2 Pro. Initially I was using Smart Controller, but size of screen was not enough in some situations so I connected standard controller as a secondary one with 9,7 inch tablet.

And I noticed strange situation today. DJI Go 4 was telling me to calibrate compass, but I was unable to do this using secondary controller - there was no button making it possible. Having secondary controller connected I connect primary controller (SC) and I calibrated compass. Also during the flight I did not see (on the left side) icon to choose flight modes on secondary controller.

Is this normal situation, that secondary controller have very limited "power"?

@dziki this is perfectly normal and the primary RC takes over command of the drone if any stick input is made with it ,the idea is for someone to get a chance to fly and learn without the worry of crashing the drone so yes the secondary RC is limited to the amount of control it has over the drone

@dziki this is perfectly normal and the primary RC takes over command of the drone if any stick input is made with it ,the idea is for someone to get a chance to fly and learn without the worry of crashing the drone so yes the secondary RC is limited to the amount of control it has over the drone
Yes, like the MP and Inspire series. The second controller is the slave. Only used for pilot training and or gimbal control, therefor limited.

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+