DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using USB "Y" cable to allow two devices, possible?

MavicCF

Reactions
So I just got Litchi (can't believe I haven't before!) and while playing around with it discovered VR mode. I grabbed a cheap pair of VR goggles from Walmart and had a blast! It suddenly made me wonder if it would be possible to set up a ride-along system for friends and family by using a USB to USB Y cable like the one linked to send the feed to two devices simultaneously. Anyone tried this successfully? Seems like a cool idea and I may just spend the $7 to try it out!
I assume that the USB cable wouldn't cause any lag (it's a USB 3), but let me know your thoughts/experience. -CF

Reactions: Akoztha
hmmm i am very curious as if this will work, the only issue i could see is if u have 2 devices plugged in receiving data from the rc and those 2 devices send data to the rc it may get confised on what to do, if u have litchi running on both say and u push pano on one device and your freind pushes land or some thing weird things could happen, hope some one who has tried this will chime in

hmmm i am very curious as if this will work, the only issue i could see is if u have 2 devices plugged in receiving data from the rc and those 2 devices send data to the rc it may get confised on what to do, if u have litchi running on both say and u push pano on one device and your freind pushes land or some thing weird things could happen, hope some one who has tried this will chime in
My thought was to put one phone in VR goggles (where no one can touch it;)), and use the other to fly with. Which brings up the question of whether you can have one phone in VR mode and one in regular FPV mode...

I would be very surprised if the second device actually worked given how bi-directional the communication between the RC and the phone is..

Reactions: cocolim
Reactions: MavicCF
Definitely won’t work. The remote control already has two USB ports that are internally connected. But you can only use one at a time.

If you have goggles with hdmi Input you can use a Miracast/airplay WiFi adapter to share the screen from the connected phone/tablet.

Mike

Reactions: MavicCF and Akoztha
Yes, exactly. I use one to mirror my iPad mini 4’s screen to my DJI goggles via hdmi. Even though the goggles can connect wirelessly to the Mavic they don’t have all the features of go4, such as the map.

Mike
hmmm this is a great idea, is the video pretty close to the native video in regards to lag and quality etc, this makes me want the goggles more andmore haha

Definitely won’t work. The remote control already has two USB ports that are internally connected. But you can only use one at a time.

If you have goggles with hdmi Input you can use a Miracast/airplay WiFi adapter to share the screen from the connected phone/tablet.

Mike
Agreed. I've done that several times, for a fpv head set. Before I got the epson glasses I should say.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom