DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

USPS - Old blood is on the Front Line.

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
We ship every day and have just a little bit of Pull to make sure we get on the Trucks by end of day.
Making friends with your Posties, giving them xmas cookies every year , bringing the clan fresh masks have all paid off.

The lines inside the Post office are getting longer, waiting an hour to drop off is typical , and some people drive by
and just leave the packages with strangers to drop off for them.

Were managing to get on the first truck every day.
Its become a whole separate adventure now.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain an Land on water.

Screenshot 12-20-2020 10.15.03.jpg

Up here where I live is quite remote, the closest town has a population of around 3000 souls. We don't have a mail delivery service from Canada Post, we have to go to the post office in town that houses our p.o. boxes and pick up our mail. For parcels, they leave a card inside your box and you have to go into a separate area and turn in the card so the posties can go in the back and retrieve your items.

This time of year is quite stressful for the post office employees, for the season of peace and joy people can sure be dicks about their mail...or lack thereof. A lot of people order items online because there's just not many places to buy certain gifts or products, you can imagine the volume of mail this time of year. When expected items are not there when the tracking says it should be, this results in very angry and upset customers that take it out on the workers...even though 99% of the time the delays are beyond their control. Add on top the stresses of covid and all that goes along with that.

I have two boys, we order a lot of stuff between the three of us. I make certain we treat our postal workers with respect, for the Christmas season we buy every worker a $20 gift card for the Tim Horton's coffee shop in the next largest town over. It may not seem like much, but it's a gesture of thanks and appreciation to the folks that are at a high stress level at a time of year where we are all supposed to be happy and kind to our fellow carbon based life forms.

Happy Holidays.

Covid and the new Postmaster General's decision to scrap high-speed mail sorting machines has caused huge backups at distribution centers like this one near Detroit. People complain about mail being delayed for weeks, or even months around here, and truckers can wait as long as all day at this facility to load/unload. Many of these trailers are said to be stuffed with mail yet to be sorted. Thanks to my M2P for a good view.

Attachments

• dl-0591-d.jpg
    dl-0591-d.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member