DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UV Filter that does not interfere with gimble calibration on Mavic

KTFARAH

Reactions
HI anyone can recommend a UV filter brand that does not interfere with the gimble calibration on the Mavic. I have read few contradicting reviews on same brand.

Thank you for your assistance

HI anyone can recommend a UV filter brand that does not interfere with the gimble calibration on the Mavic.
Any of the filter brands listed here will work.

Reactions: KTFARAH
HI anyone can recommend a UV filter brand that does not interfere with the gimble calibration on the Mavic. I have read few contradicting reviews on same brand.

Thank you for your assistance
Why would you want to put transparent glass in front of transparent glass???

ND & polarised filter I understand, but adding a UV filter will, however slightly, reduce image quality for no additional gain!

Why would you want to put transparent glass in front of transparent glass?
A UV filter can be used to protect the glass on the camera. If you scratch it and/or crack it, you'll probably need to replace the entire camera.

I personally have had great success with the PGY ND Filters (Great price on Amazon) . Of course this will be open for debate . I did not want to spend huge dollars as I am not using my Mavic for professional photography .

A UV filter can be used to protect the glass on the camera. If you scratch it and/or crack it, you'll probably need to replace the entire camera.
Sorry but I have seen more front elements on lenses scratched by broken uv filters than by any other cause. In my experience they are not worth it. Proper care is more important!

Sorry but I have seen more front elements on lenses scratched by broken uv filters than by any other cause.
Are you talking about Mavics or just front elements in general?

I think this is a non-issue. People have been using filters on Phantoms for years.

ND & polarised filter I understand, but adding a UV filter will, however slightly, reduce image quality for no additional gain!
To protect the lens

Why would you not want to protect the lens ? Would most folks not except a slight reduction in image quality ( if relevant ) then chance damage to the lense ? Seems like a "no brainer" to me !

Why would you not want to protect the lens ? Would most folks not except a slight reduction in image quality ( if relevant ) then chance damage to the lense ? Seems like a "no brainer" to me !
Agree. Thank you

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada