DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UV Sun Rays

davidlex

Reactions
I live in a country which has a hot climate. Do UV rays harm the Mavic Air? I read that it is more a matter of radio signal disruptions. However, our Sun has entered in a sleep phase which will last 11 years: source CNN.

They would do harm if it was left in the sun 24/7.
UV light is well known to be the most damaging part of the light spectrum, fading colours, weakening plastics, etc much faster the visible light or IR.

Flying for a hour, 2 hours, etc a few times a week is fine.
If you were flying all day for a living in a harsh sun, there might be some fading within a year, some cracking might be visible after, 5, 10 years ?

Not something most commercial or hobbyists will be concerned about.

They would do harm if it was left in the sun 24/7.
UV light is well known to be the most damaging part of the light spectrum, fading colours, weakening plastics, etc much faster the visible light or IR.

Flying for a hour, 2 hours, etc a few times a week is fine.
If you were flying all day for a living in a harsh sun, there might be some fading within a year, some cracking might be visible after, 5, 10 years ?

Not something most commercial or hobbyists will be concerned about.
Thanks a lot. Most obliged.

There won't be any noticeable change that would have any effect on drone flying.
I read somewhere that UV rays do interfere with WIFI signal.

Another matter that bugs me is when I flying the drone, a warning pops up saying aircraft interference. In fact I checked the area and there were no aircraft around. Does this warning have to say that there are strong electromagnetic and UV interferences especially near power lines which carry 33,000 volts?

Solar flaring can interfere perhaps if strong enough, @sar104 may have posted something on another thread recently touching on this subject.
(Was a thread to do with possible GPS interference.)

The time approaching (solar minimal) according to the article is a quiet time for such activity though, perhaps many years, though it does cycle a little during each period, depending on factors stated in the article.
"This solar minimum ends solar cycle 24. Early predictions estimated the peak of solar cycle 25 will occur in July 2025"
Interesting topic.

The overhead powerline interference is purely electromagnetic I'm fairly sure.

I read somewhere that UV rays do interfere with WIFI signal.

Another matter that bugs me is when I flying the drone, a warning pops up saying aircraft interference. In fact I checked the area and there were no aircraft around. Does this warning have to say that there are strong electromagnetic and UV interferences especially near power lines which carry 33,000 volts?

UV radiation has no effect on wifi - its frequency is far too high (> 10¹⁴ Hz)

Aircraft interference refers to interference on the radio link between the RC and the aircraft from nearby transmissions in the GHz range.

Power lines don't interfere with the radio link, their frequency is far to low (50 or 60 Hz).

UV radiation has no effect on wifi - its frequency is far too high (> 10¹⁴ Hz)

Aircraft interference refers to interference on the radio link between the RC and the aircraft from nearby transmissions in the GHz range.

Power lines don't interfere with the radio link, their frequency is far to low (50 or 60 Hz).
The aircraft interference warning appears when I am close to a Radar at the Airport and we have another large Radar on the highest point on the island and sometimes the Radar signal interrupts minimally on the RC and drone. Thanks for the information.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke