DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Vacation footage from Ocean City, NJ

maggior

Reactions
After months of flying my drone over parks and farms and my neighborhood to practice my flying skills, I finally got to fly somewhere a bit more interesting...the beach! I brought my drone with me on vacation and had a few nice flying sessions. One of those sessions was at sunrise so I could fly on the beach before the crowds arrived.

I was pretty excited that I was able to execute smooth panning orbits around boats! The only auto tracking shot in here was around the water tower.

Well Done!! Your orbits are really good. I like early in the video how you flew at the some speed as one of the boats so you could show the beach front. That was great idea.

Reactions: maggior
After months of flying my drone over parks and farms and my neighborhood to practice my flying skills, I finally got to fly somewhere a bit more interesting...the beach! I brought my drone with me on vacation and had a few nice flying sessions. One of those sessions was at sunrise so I could fly on the beach before the crowds arrived.

I was pretty excited that I was able to execute smooth panning orbits around boats! The only auto tracking shot in here was around the water tower.

Is that video straight from the camera? Or did you shoot in D-Cine and process in post?

Is that video straight from the camera? Or did you shoot in D-Cine and process in post?

I didn't shoot D-Cinelike, but it's also not straight out of the camera. I did some minor colorgrading with the wheels in Davinci Resolve to even out some exposure issues in the footage.

Great job. You seemed to have captured a little of everything. We love staying at nearby Wildwood.

Thanks. When I do these videos I try to take an approach of documenting an area. I think keeping clips relatively short keeps the viewers interest better. I even get bored of watching a 2 minute dolly shot of the boardwalk or a 3 minute 360 panning shot from 400 feet up! I'll make those shots, but only pull out 20 or 30 seconds of the most interesting parts.

Well Done!! Your orbits are really good. I like early in the video how you flew at the some speed as one of the boats so you could show the beach front. That was great idea.

Thanks!! I really liked that shot also. It was nice to have other things moving to incorporate into the motion I was trying to create. So many ideas come to mind and don't quite pan out, so it's nice when one really works well.

Reactions: Prop Wash

Very NICE!

Heading to (near) AC in a week and like you, been flying around parks, farms, neighborhood for months. I am hoping to do the same type of video while I am there. Good visual tips and a great representation of the area!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000