Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Venue approved for Nov 9 night flight training in Madison, AL

RCdancer

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Site
www.dronesar.info
We're got a GREAT venue for Nov 9th DSAR night training. At a church where we can also use a great indoor space for a classroom. Planning on starting at 3 PM with some classroom instruction and flying in the fading daylight. A short break for dinner to allow it to get dark. Several places to eat minutes away including a Texas Roadhouse. For people coming a distance, there is a new Holiday Inn Express 2 mins down the street. I shot some video and will upload it as well as a map from Google Earth.

Address is 466 Jeff Road NW, Madison AL. Attached is a screenshot from Google Earth with yellow squares depicting where we will fly. (This sat image was taken when the church was under construction; it's now finished.)

We will open registration in mid Sep. Plan to limit it to 20 pilots again and first come, first-served for those that pay the $20 registration fee.

While there may be some very rudimentary searching, the primary purpose of this training is to familiarize you with the challenges and hazards of night flight. Each pilot will fly under the DSAR blanket night waiver with a minimum of two VOs (other pilots).

Requirements to participate in this training:
  • 107 certification
  • liability insurance for property damage and personal injury when flying your drone
  • approved anti-collision lighting
  • must have at least 40 hours of flying your drone during daylight for the drone you intend to use at night
  • note: thermal camera is NOT necessary

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-02 at 3.38.52 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-09-02 at 3.38.52 PM.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 14
We're got a GREAT venue for Nov 9th DSAR night training. At a church where we can also use a great indoor space for a classroom. Planning on starting at 3 PM with some classroom instruction and flying in the fading daylight. A short break for dinner to allow it to get dark. Several places to eat minutes away including a Texas Roadhouse. For people coming a distance, there is a new Holiday Inn Express 2 mins down the street. I shot some video and will upload it as well as a map from Google Earth.

Address is 466 Jeff Road NW, Madison AL. Attached is a screenshot from Google Earth with yellow squares depicting where we will fly. (This sat image was taken when the church was under construction; it's now finished.)

We will open registration in mid Sep. Plan to limit it to 20 pilots again and first come, first-served for those that pay the $20 registration fee.

While there may be some very rudimentary searching, the primary purpose of this training is to familiarize you with the challenges and hazards of night flight. Each pilot will fly under the DSAR blanket night waiver with a minimum of two VOs (other pilots).

Requirements to participate in this training:
  • 107 certification
  • liability insurance for property damage and personal injury when flying your drone
  • approved anti-collision lighting
  • must have at least 40 hours of flying your drone during daylight for the drone you intend to use at night
  • note: thermal camera is NOT necessary
I'm interested in coming over for this event. Sorry to see the last one at Lake Allatoona get rained out. How do I pay registration fee?

We are doing a CSI night class tomorrow night and then a night flying class on Friday night at enterdone. Good luck on your class.

I'm interested in coming over for this event. Sorry to see the last one at Lake Allatoona get rained out. How do I pay registration fee?

Once we open registration, you can use the paypal link on the web site to pay the $20 fee. Limited to the first 20 to pay registration. Our last two events quickly sold out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oshgeo