DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ver. 03.0700

BillyDrone

Reactions
I never update and my Mavic Pro has version 03.0700.....
Will keeping that version and not updating do any harm to my drone?

Not as long as you do not make any other updates to your controller or battery You should be fine.

Im still using a much older version on my Phantom 4 Pro without any issues , solid as a rock.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic Pro in the Rain an Land on the Water.

I forgot to mention about the DJI Go 4.app...

If I have firmware 03.0700........is it best to have an old DJI Go 4 app that came out about the same time as firmware 03.0700?​

Too many restrictions with the up-to-date firmware these days...
I had my Mavic Pro 13,346 feet up in the air far above the clouds the other day.. Thats 4067 in meters.....

Too many restrictions with the up-to-date firmware these days...
I had my Mavic Pro 13,346 feet up in the air far above the clouds the other day.. Thats 4067 in meters.....

Did you shoot any video or capture any images? That's got to be an amazing perspective.

Reactions: tlswift58
Did you shoot any video or capture any images? That's got to be an amazing perspective.
And we wonder why we have the rules we do have. Hopefully he was flying off Pikes Peak or some other super high mountain (13,000 ft+) and maintaining his 400 AGL and VLOS.

And we wonder why we have the rules we do have. Hopefully he was flying off Pikes Peak or some other super high mountain (13,000 ft+) and maintaining his 400 AGL and VLOS.
Probably not. The highest peak in Minnesota is 2300’.

No wonder here. When we have meetings and I say something like, "Oh I see crazy stuff posted busting the regs on a daily basis and some of it would blow your mind" I'm not exaggerating. It's daily we see people mentioning how high, far, out of sight they are flying.

Reactions: tlswift58
No wonder here. When we have meetings and I say something like, "Oh I see crazy stuff posted busting the regs on a daily basis and some of it would blow your mind" I'm not exaggerating. It's daily we see people mentioning how high, far, out of sight they are flying.

Always will be rogues - can't stop them. Yet, we do not know where they were flying from or at what altitude they were as well - so as I stated - if they took off at 13,000 feet - they would be flying legal. Not many spots to do that and I'd hate to imagine the flight characteristics at 13,000 feet with a drone. Several peaks in the US that are that high, yet can you fly from them.

Also - think some people are full of manure and like to look like big shots. You know - that little man syndrome and overcompensation! LOL ;);););)

Reactions: BigAl07
I normally just read the posts and rarely respond. That said, I hope BillyDrone was flying legally from the top of a very high mountain (13,000') and not just doing some sort of a stupid ceiling test. As a military pilot of many years I have more fears of an engine drone strike than I do of a bird strike. We should ALWAYS follow the rules and regulations governing the use of our drones.
Also, how stupid and foolish some are to publish their own bad behavior as drone pilots. How dangerous some are, as well.
We all can do better as we fly.

Reactions: V_Raptor
Truth, so I guess it's nice that I myself, owner of two Zooms and wonderful new hobby/work. What's the saying? It only takes one. im in Utah. I think im the only one (unless you live in the Colorado rockies, pardon the pun, but I'm higher than you. (Pilots reading lol) None the less only because Im at approx..6,000ft. Could I go that high, legally) , don't ruin it for others; yourself at the least. Many legitimately possible scenarios can take place and don't think the FAA won't keep tally on you. They wait, they will let the violations build up, then hit ya with it. And HELL no, I ain't no cop (no offense five-oh, hopefully it's just a check to you; hard to respect ones out here, sad to say. And no they aint LDS or nice people usually.) I just do my homework so I know my ****. Currently, looking to get the thermal camera to maybe help search and rescue.

PXL_20210408_161424496.jpg119.jpg

I normally just read the posts and rarely respond. That said, I hope BillyDrone was flying legally from the top of a very high mountain (13,000') and not just doing some sort of a stupid ceiling test. As a military pilot of many years I have more fears of an engine drone strike than I do of a bird strike. We should ALWAYS follow the rules and regulations governing the use of our drones.
Also, how stupid and foolish some are to publish their own bad behavior as drone pilots. How dangerous some are, as well.
We all can do better as we fly.
I totally agree 100% sir.....You're absolutely right!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851