DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

VERY BAD PIXELATION PROBLEM WITH 1920X1080 FORMAT = I AM PUZZLED (AND FRUSTRATED)

Faith_Granger

Reactions
Shooting an epic music video and using my MAVIC PRO for some of cinematic shots. Shooting at 4K - 24P, footage looks great. For slow mo effect though, you have to select the 1920X1080 format and shoot in 60 or 94 fps. So I did. My footage came out pixelated. I have shot an entire docu with my DSLR camera in 1920X1080 and know what this resolution setting should yield, quality like. It looks good. What I am getting out of the MAVIC looks more like degraded Standard Def footage than high def. Pixelation is most noticeable along edges with higher contrast...

Footage is straight out of the DRONE, no editing or rendering done to it (so its the raw footage)

SD card is a sandisk extreme Pro, should yield good results and is producing perfect quality at 4K (much larger file - granted shooting at only 24 fps)

HAS ANYONE EVER HAD THIS PROBLEM?

DO YOUR 1920X1080 SHOTS LOOK GOOD?

Note: Due to the confidentiality clause of my contract with client, I am unable to post screengrabs right now.

1080p was poor on the earlier Mavics.
They made changes to the hardware after several months which improved things.
It is fairly well known you aren't going to get top quality video comparable to your DSLR from such a tiny sensor.
It will general give you decent result in good light.

Reactions: Kilrah
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60