DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Very disappointing video quality?

DronePilotNI

Reactions
Compared to my Mini 2 I am finding the Mavic 3 very subpar?

I have used 4k normal and dlog (graded) and it’s almost as if the footage is out of focus? I am using auto focus, but it still looks fairly blurry and noisy. I would say it definitely looks poorer than the Mini2. Almost like the poor quality cache version of footage you would get on the app.

Any ideas? Got the correct SD, lens isn’t dirty, I am exposing correctly and tapping for focus. Stumped and frustrated.

I have used 4k normal and dlog (graded) and it’s almost as if the footage is out of focus? I am using auto focus, but it still looks fairly blurry and noisy. I would say it definitely looks poorer than the Mini2. Almost like the poor quality cache version of footage you would get on the app.

Any ideas? Got the correct SD, lens isn’t dirty, I am exposing correctly and tapping for focus. Stumped and frustrated.
It is possible you got a dud..... how do the photos look?

Post some samples. I have seen some great results posted with the Mavic 3.

Reactions: Smooth Rhythm
As mentioned, you will need to post some samples for anyone to help you in a meaningful way.

Right off the bat one of your complaints (blurry footage) can likely be remedied by setting an appropriate manual focus level with focus peaking and never touching it again unless you are in a scenario where you are flying extremely close to your subject. Autofocus in general is just something you should almost always avoid when shooting a video - at typical drone shooting distances, your depth of field is something like 3 feet to infinity, so there is simply no need to ever use AF under normal circumstances as it only comes with downsides.

I can’t speak for what others are getting from their M3, but I have seen some awesome M3 pictures and video posted. Just speculation, but at least in some cases, it may be individual settings and configuration that’s affecting the M3 outcome.

Reactions: monteolsen1
I'm not sure
if anyone has mentioned this but are you looking at the cache file or the actual video on the SD Card on the drone?

From all I've read it seems like the M3 was launched to the public before it was fully tested maybe to get it out before Christmas. I don't think I've seen anyone that didn't have problems

It's conceivable that it has a bad sensor or something of that sort. Early production runs are more prone to errors than when a product has matured. I'd work with DJI support. The image quality on virtually any DJI drone should be excellent out of the box. Problems with focus sounds like a genuine defect. (Just my $0.02, but do contact DJI.)