DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Very odd images

SvenG

Reactions
I was doing some experiments with slow flying and interval photography, just to get a number of shots from different directions.

Everything went beautifully but then suddenly the screen looked like the image below, with the colored blobs moving around for maybe 3-5 seconds. I was about to freak out, thinking I'd hit some systems error over salt water, but then it cleared up just as suddenly as it started.

I have a sun shield which sometimes gets in the picture if the Mavic's motions are too abrupt, but this was something completely new, at least to me.

Any ideas what it might be ?

DJI_0117.JPG

Thanks,

-Sven

I'm no expert, but it looks like the camera is looking back at the body of the MP. Could the gimbal have gone through a calibration some how?

Reactions: Bunny Too
I'm no expert, but it looks like the camera is looking back at the body of the MP. Could the gimbal have gone through a calibration some how?
You Sir, are a very clever individual.

So the gimbal can actually turn that far ? I'm suprised but that would certainly explain it.

I've only been airborne a little over an hour total, but are random gimbal calibrations the norm ? At the time when it happened I was just joy-sticking while the Mavic took a picture every 10 seconds. I was not in any way interacting with the screen as far as I know.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User