DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Very poor signal strength

phantomi

Reactions
I returned my new MA2 after a month of joy. In the last flight I almost destroy it but luckily after a mid air disconnection and an auto rth it don't land in a very insecure area and hover inches from a cement column until I can climb to a second floor and catch it. After uploading a few of the last flights to airdata i saw that there was very poor signal strength all the time in all that last flights. First ones have good signal strength. It appear that finally the disconnection was complete and I almost lost 800 bucks. Luckily I was only few days after my return window but Drones Nerds accept my return. Great Seller!! I strongly recommend them and also recommend AirData to be aware of the Signal Map of your flights. I had no clue of that poor signal strength in the app...

I returned my new MA2 after a month of joy. In the last flight I almost destroy it but luckily after a mid air disconnection and an auto rth it don't land in a very insecure area and hover inches from a cement column until I can climb to a second floor and catch it. After uploading a few of the last flights to airdata i saw that there was very poor signal strength all the time in all that last flights. First ones have good signal strength. It appear that finally the disconnection was complete and I almost lost 800 bucks. Luckily I was only few days after my return window but Drones Nerds accept my return. Great Seller!! I strongly recommend them and also recommend AirData to be aware of the Signal Map of your flights. I had no clue of that poor signal strength in the app...

So you still couldn't reconnect after you got close and saw your drone? Absolutely uncharacteristic and it has to be defective. Too bad because a real working MA2 will give you endless joy.

I'm just wondering why he's flying so close to buildings, close enough that he can reach out and catch it. Of course the signal will be terrible. Radio waves don't just penetrate through every single object in the universe without being blocked or distorted somehow. I think one of the biggest problems with DJI drones is that they give the users way too much confidence that they can simply fly anywhere without any issues. But, once an issue such as RC signal is lost, they quickly blame it on the drone, and not themselves.

I'm just wondering why he's flying so close to buildings, close enough that he can reach out and catch it. Of course the signal will be terrible. Radio waves don't just penetrate through every single object in the universe without being blocked or distorted somehow. I think one of the biggest problems with DJI drones is that they give the users way too much confidence that they can simply fly anywhere without any issues. But, once an issue such as RC signal is lost, they quickly blame it on the drone, and not themselves.

What I don't get is after getting a clear view of his drone couldn't he remote control it back instead of catching it?

No. Don't take me literately. My first language is not english... Actually it was a lumber column and I am flying away from tall buildings, it is a very open space.

Reactions: Hauptmann
What I don't get is after getting a clear view of his drone couldn't he remote control it back instead of catching it?
There is a complete Aircraft-RC disconnection. I try to cancel rth long before touchdown without any response and had to let it land by itself.

You should read the complete description of the incident on another thread I wrote. MId air disconnection. I inam my 5th DJI dron

I’m waiting for your follow up to see if the replacement fixed your range issues? Have you tested in the same spot?
Just arrived an hour ago, batteries on charge all firmaware updated so I will get a flight in soon...will report back...I will repeat previous flight path and see how it goes

I’m waiting for your follow up to see if the replacement fixed your range issues? Have you tested in the same spot?
OK range test flight today, same position take off, same direction flight path....I stopped at 2500mtr...previously I lost signal at 1250mtr including choppy video feed...I still had full signal strenght on the RC...chased another boat and was out 3000mtr but had to return due to low battery...
I suggest anyone who has a lack of range issue with their MA2 send it back in to DJI..
:)

OK range test flight today, same position take off, same direction flight path....I stopped at 2500mtr...previously I lost signal at 1250mtr including choppy video feed...I still had full signal strenght on the RC...chased another boat and was out 3000mtr but had to return due to low battery...
I suggest anyone who has a lack of range issue with their MA2 send it back in to DJI..
That’s really great. Honestly I don’t know of many people who are regularly flying out 4000ft. That’s totally against the law here in the US. I guess when we buy sports cars we all regularly go 200mph too lol

Thanks for the advice, Juggler!

That’s really great. Honestly I don’t know of many people who are regularly flying out 4000ft. That’s totally against the law here in the US. I guess when we buy sports cars we all regularly go 200mph too lol
That's not the point is it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute