DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Vibration, gimbal unresponsive...

Reactions
Greetings guys, drone had a fall.
Since then starts fine, takes off fine, but when going above 10km/hour the gimbal shakes very badly and it is unresponsive. Once I stop accelerating it recovers and responds well.
Gimbal is in place , propellers are brand new.
Could it be just an imu issue or is there anything more I need to check?
0c6b0091d0c0c775dee3d501c630e084.jpg
f1eb145da342168fffef3a1dc7eff92a.jpg
705856ce3cba8f85f9496a60cb77a551.jpg

How is the vibration plate and dampers (rubber bands)? Have any of the bands (I believe there are 4) come lose or broken?

I seem to recall that even if the bands are attached, the vibration plate can shift out of place.

How is the vibration plate and dampers (rubber bands)? Have any of the bands (I believe there are 4) come lose or broken?

I seem to recall that even if the bands are attached, the vibration plate can shift out of place.
Who do these look like? Must I open it?

Should be able to see the bands, can see parts of 2 bands in the first pic above there . . . might need a small screwdriver to put under the several loops, and gently test to see if any sides are broken.

The damage looks like it had a pretty good knock . . . you said "had a fall", as in crash or off a table etc ?
If a crash, it's more likely to suffer worse of a shock, there could be an issue with part of the gimbal itself sustaining damage, or a cracked plate, damaged ribbon, possibly other things.

Hope you can get it sorted.

Reactions: oikonomoupetros
Should be able to see the bands, can see parts of 2 bands in the first pic above there . . . might need a small screwdriver to put under the several loops, and gently test to see if any sides are broken.

The damage looks like it had a pretty good knock . . . you said "had a fall", as in crash or off a table etc ?
If a crash, it's more likely to suffer worse of a shock, there could be an issue with part of the gimbal itself sustaining damage, or a cracked plate, damaged ribbon, possibly other things.

Hope you can get it sorted.
A crash from 20 meters after hitting a tree and landing in concrete.

• Sad
Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
What do others think about the spacing in the pitch motor? Looks uneven to me in closeup of first picture meaning damage.

Found this video. Only for a few seconds towards the end can you see the bands in the back. But I chose this video because it brings up another possibility: gimbal vibration board tabs may be out of place.

Last edited:
What do others think about the spacing in the pitch motor? Looks uneven to me in closeup of first picture meaning damage.
Yes looks that way to me too. While possible it's just the angle of the shot as taken, holding mine viewing it from the same angle? doesn't so much as hint at an uneven gap at that point like seen in his first image.

A straight on picture of it would tell the tale.

Love that Gimbal Vibration Fix Vid.
It fixed my gimbal from a 6’ fall.
Bet that is your problem and if it is please post your results

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jarrodwp1