DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Victorian National Parks, rules?

Beet

Reactions
in the state of Victoria you can't take dogs or guns into NP's without permits, you can drive thru NP on a main road with dogs or guns, as long as they stay in or on the vehicle, the vehicle not being a part of the NP. Could this be applied to drones, meaning if you launched from the vehicle, you are not technically launching from the NP? Take care.

G'day Beet.

AFAIK, no launching from the car would be classed as flying in the park (take off and landing) and verbotten.
You can certainly drive through a park with a drone on board, well, I'm pretty sure about carrying them through a park in a vehicle at least . . . I say that because you technically aren't allowed to carry a chainsaw through a national park in Vic, and possibly other states, even if you don't intend using it !

As a side note, you can't enter some Nat Parks or Cons Parks in South Oz with a dog / cat in the car, even if you don't let them out.
This is for one way parks not on through roads, think transiting straight through with a pet is ok.

Might be best to confirm anything regarding these thoughts with Vic Parks, they are pretty helpful and quick to reply email usually, or a call to the contact phone number.

Reactions: Beet and 4006448
I have often thought about this as well. It may depend on the road land tenure. That is if the road is gazetted and under the control of state road or council authority or if it is a purpose built and controlled by the parks dept.
Fortunately, QLD is more relaxed with drones in national parks.

Reactions: Beet
G'day Beet.

AFAIK, no launching from the car would be classed as flying in the park (take off and landing) and verbotten.
You can certainly drive through a park with a drone on board, well, I'm pretty sure about carrying them through a park in a vehicle at least . . . I say that because you technically aren't allowed to carry a chainsaw through a national park in Vic, and possibly other states, even if you don't intend using it !

As a side note, you can't enter some Nat Parks or Cons Parks in South Oz with a dog / cat in the car, even if you don't let them out.
This is for one way parks not on through roads, think transiting straight through with a pet is ok.

Might be best to confirm anything regarding these thoughts with Vic Parks, they are pretty helpful and quick to reply email usually, or a call to the contact phone number.
Thanks, I will check with Parks and see what they reckon.

I have often thought about this as well. It may depend on the road land tenure. That is if the road is gazetted and under the control of state road or council authority or if it is a purpose built and controlled by the parks dept.
I might have to think about moving north. 40 years since I was in QLD.

Yep, love flying up there when visiting, usually when doing a little bushwalking.
WA is really good too, basically the same as QLD.
NT next easiest, isn't hard to get a permit.
The rest, just about forget it.

Reactions: Beet
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefons82