DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Victory!

Chaosrider

Reactions
I took Defiant out just now, and I got some excellent flag footage, much better than my previous (non-recorded!) photo run with Phoenix. I made sure that the video was recording...several times. I made sure that the climb functionality worked fine...several times.

I got down to 125 ft, 1080p 4X, and gradually got closer. Control signal was good, some short drops to only 3 bars, which quickly recovered back to 4 bars.

Finally, with 8 minutes of flight time left, I had my "Go at throttle-up" moment, and turned around to come home.

The flight back at 125 ft wasn't as much of a "Mr Toad's Wild Ride" as it was at 80 ft...which then dropped to 50 ft. But it was fully under control and the footage is pretty good. At least, it will be, if it recorded correctly on the card. NOTHING on the phone that I can find. But the flight back was a great deal easier, both because everything was working...and I'd flown that route before...

I'll have an edited version up tomorrow.

I now have some reason to believe that the flight control failure on the Phoenix flight may have been caused by the controller. I just plugged it in for another Phoenix flight, and shortly after that, it started emitting a loud beeping sound. I'd never heard that before. It stopped when I turned it off, but then I plugged it back in, and it started again.

What might cause that?

An interesting couple of flying days, to be sure!

:cool:

TCS

Reactions: Lob's Falcon
The controller beeping usually occurs when it is stored with pressure on one sticks for some reason. If you run the sticks up/down/left/right before you turn it on, it will not beep. It eventually stops beeping on its own but it is annoying and sometimes takes a while.

The controller beeping usually occurs when it is stored with pressure on one sticks for some reason. If you run the sticks up/down/left/right before you turn it on, it will not beep. It eventually stops beeping on its own but it is annoying and sometimes takes a while.
OK, I'll check for that if it happens again. It was just sitting on the table where I always charge it.

Maybe I put so much pressure on the left stick trying to get the drone to climb during the Evil Event, that I confused it about the stick position!

Thx,

TCS

Reactions: Lob's Falcon
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom