DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video and Pic quality..

Aracelli

Reactions
Ok I may be making a noob mistake here.. but I recorded a video earlier in 2.7k and when I transfer to my pc which only has a 1080p screen, the video is all jumpy.. I take it if i don't have anything higher than 1080p I shouldn't record in higher.. also wanting to know what best camera settings are as the pics I take turn out absolutely naff quality..

Ok I may be making a noob mistake here.. but I recorded a video earlier in 2.7k and when I transfer to my pc which only has a 1080p screen, the video is all jumpy.. I take it if i don't have anything higher than 1080p I shouldn't record in higher.. also wanting to know what best camera settings are as the pics I take turn out absolutely naff quality..
No that shouldn’t be a problem. Maybe your video is just jumpy? Did you download the HQ video from the SD card?

But I didn't go into my gallery bottom of the app and download it.. should I always do that?

I'll see if I can take one tomorrow then upload it to show you I took a couple videos earlier but ended up downscaling them to 1080 as they jumped every second or so..

If your computer is modern/fast enough, it should be able to easily cope with showing video of a greater resolution that the screen shows.
It sounds like your computer just isn't up to the task.

ps .. it's much faster and easier to take the SD card out of the drone, pop it in a $3 USB adaptor and put that into the computer for transferring videos.

First thing I learned about stuttery video is that you need to use ND filters to bring the shutter speed down to half the framerate, for example, if you want to shoot video at 30 fps you need a 1/60 shutter speed to have the right amount of blur between frames. If the shutter is significantly faster, you get jerky/stuttery video.

Reactions: RonanCork
First thing I learned about stuttery video is that you need to use ND filters to bring the shutter speed down to half the framerate, for example, if you want to shoot video at 30 fps you need a 1/60 shutter speed to have the right amount of blur between frames. If the shutter is significantly faster, you get jerky/stuttery video.
That won't make any difference when the problem is a playback issue on inadequate equipment.

4k is best in default apk assigned
your pc is bogging, do something about that
craft vibration is intrinsic, it works against clarity recorded, esp magnified details
the more you copy out from a copy, the chance of ruin is greater, so do it only once to get it out from craft

I wouldn't like to think my pc is the problem I've a ryzen 3 overclocked to 3.9ghz Rx 580 graphics card 16gb ddr4 ram..

I wouldn't like to think my pc is the problem I've a ryzen 3 overclocked to 3.9ghz Rx 580 graphics card 16gb ddr4 ram..
It may not be the computer that is having the problem. It may be the video player that you are trying to view your videos on. What video player are you using? Try VLC player if you aren't already and see if there is still a problem with playback.

Reactions: Mikep2323
That won't make any difference when the problem is a playback issue on inadequate equipment.
True, but it would have to be a pretty sad PC that couldn't play 1080p video at 30 fps.

Hopefully the OP will post his video and we will know more.

I have been having a similar problem, My video's look good on playback but go wonky on the computer.

Sometimes it does not matter how fast your PC is, it's all to do with Codecs, thats the compression/decompression of the video file.
The Mavic uses 2 types depending on your settings. MOV witch is designed mainly for Apple and MP4 witch is mpeg4.
You must have the correct codecs on your PC to properly decode and play back the movie file along with a fast enough graphic card otherwise the video will appear to jump.
Try downloading a Codec pack or opening the file with a different player on your PC.
Something like VLC player that has all built in Codecs will solve many problems of this sort.

I was actually recording on .mov I noticed when I don't use apple.. maybe that was the issue? Will try again today if the rain stays off see if it solves the problem

Sometimes it does not matter how fast your PC is, it's all to do with Codecs, thats the compression/decompression of the video file.
The Mavic uses 2 types depending on your settings. MOV witch is designed mainly for Apple and MP4 witch is mpeg4.
You must have the correct codecs on your PC to properly decode and play back the movie file along with a fast enough graphic card otherwise the video will appear to jump.
Try downloading a Codec pack or opening the file with a different player on your PC.
Something like VLC player that has all built in Codecs will solve many problems of this sort.
I do have VLC so will record in 4k later with /mp4 and playback see if the issue is resolved :) thanks man

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e