DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video cache full??

laura schlenker

Reactions
Hi I kept getting a video cache is full warning on my screen, what does this mean?and did it record to the sd card? I hope so because I got some awsome shots.

Hi I kept getting a video cache is full warning on my screen, what does this mean?and did it record to the sd card? I hope so because I got some awsome shots.
Yes it will record on your MicroSD (assuming it isn't full).
This message just means the app cache is full and you have the Cache Locally When Recording selected
It can be flushed by using the setting in the app 'Clear Video Cache'

Reactions: Steven_parrett
Yes it will record on your MicroSD (assuming it isn't full).
This message just means the app cache is full and you have the Cache Locally When Recording selected
It can be flushed by using the setting in the app 'Clear Video Cache'
Oh whewww thank you very much, I was so worried I wasn't getting the video recorded.

Reactions: Steven_parrett
Oh whewww thank you very much, I was so worried I wasn't getting the video recorded.
No, your videos/photos are still recording fine on the media it is just the playback of your flights locally (within the app) that shows your flight path and stick positions that won't be recorded until you flush the cache.
Why DJI decided to do it this way and not just overwrite older flight path data is a bit of a mystery but.....it's DJI so who knows. :rolleyes:

Reactions: hanshaw
Well the option is there, it just has to be turned on manually...
Where do I find this option? Can't quite understand why you wouldn't want the latest cache available in case of a crash...
Thanks.

I wonder why the message appears even when you have it set to clear older files on it's own. It shouldn't even show up set that way. Mine does too.

Hi
just seen this. I had the same error and lost all my footage, It said video cache was full on my mobile, I thought it would still record locally to SD card so ignored the warning. Lost 10mins of footage of an event I was recording for someone. It wrote nothing to the micro sd card even though it indicated it was recording.The app was set to cace locally too. So it was kind of fake recording. To say I was annoyed was an understatement.Ive gone on now and changed the settings.Mystified really.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr