DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video cache full??

Viking63ef

Reactions
Using an iPhone 6 as monitor with my MP and lately I have received an error message saying something like "Video cache full" but the movies on the MP seems OK. Why do I get this and is it phone-related?

Reactions: treehouse1441
iPhone stores video cache if it is enabled in DJI Go4 app. Default is 2gb but can be increased to 16gb . Can also be disabled but probably should enable in case of loss or crash.

That message is referring to the video files that are being cached on your mobile device. You can find the video cache settings in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Video-Cache.jpg

If you don't want to store a low quality copy of the video on your mobile device, then disable the "Cache During Video Shooting" setting. If you'd like to keep those videos and don't want to manually clean up the cache, then enable the "Clear Cache Automatically" setting to allow DJI GO to overwrite the oldest files when the cache fills up.

Found the method to clear the cache file from the mobile device in the DJI GO 4 app and how to adjust settings as described by msinger in his post above. But, my question is how to save the files and view them as needed? My mobile device is an iPhone 6s plus. I hope someone can help out here so "Thanks in advance"! r/ sowega

my question is how to save the files and view them as needed?
Which files would you like to save? Where do you plan to view them?

sorry for not being clear...was looking for advice and procedure on saving/transfering the dji go 4 cache files (video and/or photos) which are saved on the mobile device onto a MacBook to view/review for possible future use/review...it would save space on the hard drive when not wanting to save the HD video files...thanks!!!

Yes, you can use iTunes to copy the cached files from an Apple device.

Thank you ALL for the help! Got it now and will use the iTunes for downloading and viewing from now on. Again, thank you all!

r/sowega

Am i being dim here? Surely the drone (M2P in my case) writes the same files to the mirco usb card, which I then use to transfer them to my PC? Isn't the video cache just there for back up?

It's a low quality backup that also can be edited and shared directly within the app's editor without needing any file transfer.

Reactions: Jaycee
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S