DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video cache full

which video cache are you referring to the drone or your device

what video settings are you recording in ie 10-80p or 4K 4k is very memory greedy and will soon fill 8 gig

I believe your referring to the video cache in the Go App within your device.
The settings are from 2 to 16 gigs. As long as your device has enough storage capacity, I would set it to 16 gig.

What is the purpose of the cache??? It's always low quality and useless.

Overstate things much? The quality isn't as good as what's on the SD card but it isn't bad — it's HD — and it's far from useless. It's great as a backup if your SD card fails or you lose the drone, and it's good for a quick review of what you have when you haven't yet been able to transfer footage from the card.

Ahh good, a relatively recent pre-existing cache question I can piggyback onto.

1) How does one change the cache size in DJI Go?
2) Is the cache first-in-first-delete or just it just cache until it's full, and then you have to manually delete it each time it fills up?
3) Is there an option to make it first-in-first-delete?
4) If not, is that an option we might want to pass up the chain to DJI?

Thanks!

Reactions: Blakey01
Question, if you don’t have a card reader, can I connect my bird to laptop and download cache and sd card to laptop ?

Question, if you don’t have a card reader, can I connect my bird to laptop and download cache and sd card to laptop ?
These are 2 different procedures. Yes you can connect your turned on aircraft to your laptop, and it will act as a drive where your high quality videos and images will be.
For cache files, you will have to connect your device to your laptop and retrieve those files within the go4 application directory folder.
These files will also contain the audio from your device as well if it is activated in Go 4.

Reactions: bassnbeau
These are 2 different procedures. Yes you can connect your turned on aircraft to your laptop, and it will act as a drive where your high quality videos and images will be.
For cache files, you will have to connect your device to your laptop and retrieve those files within the go4 application directory folder.
These files will also contain the audio from your device as well if it is activated in Go 4.
Going to try that today. Thx.

Overstate things much? The quality isn't as good as what's on the SD card but it isn't bad — it's HD — and it's far from useless. It's great as a backup if your SD card fails or you lose the drone, and it's good for a quick review of what you have when you haven't yet been able to transfer footage from the card.
A quick question Mr. Salty, does the transmission of the HD back to the SC in any way impact the transmission of flight control information from the SC to the AC? Such as latency or range of the flight commands?

A quick question Mr. Salty, does the transmission of the HD back to the SC in any way impact the transmission of flight control information from the SC to the AC? Such as latency or range of the flight commands?
I don't know because I don't have a SC.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme