DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video choppy on Macbook from Mini 3

New to the drone world. When I try to play my downloaded videos on QuickTime it is choppy. Video plays fine on my iPhone as well as on YouTube. Anyone else have this issue?
YouTube may not be playing the original. Your iPhone may have a faster processor than your MacBook.

Your phone is probably showing the lo res version on it's smaller screen. YouTube uses it's own compression algorithms to display after it's processed. If it is filmed in the H.265 Codec, then you will have issues on playback with most machines, (not including M1 Macs, they seem to run H.265 better).

MavicAir2Marc makes a good point. Neither YouTube or your phone should be compared to your computer. Many folks have trouble with H265. Details on what form (mp4/mov or dlog/normal etc) you shot the video would help folks but the bottom line is simply that ”yes”, plenty of people will see not-smooth playback in some of the video that our drones can shoot. There are free and paid programs out there that will allow you to convert footage. Try shooting mp4-normal and importing that from the card to your computer. Hopefully that will play well, and if so, you will know it’s just a computer issue. It’s always fun to buy a new computer! I am in that position as I am tired of creating proxies of my H265 dlog 4K footage so a new M1 Macbook Pro is in the pipeline.

Handbrake is a good free one to convert H.265 to H.264 and a bunch of other formats.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty