DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video editing ? related to Imovie

WanderingSpirit

Reactions
So I've created a nice compilation of mavic air 2 video clips to help a co-worker market a piece of real estate. The last 2 clips are quickshots. The volume drops on the quickshots and my efforts to increase the volume in Imovie haven't worked.

Is this par for the course or is there a way to adjust volume to match the prior video? Thank you in advance for feedback and insights.

surely you just boost both to the same level in the audio line in the clips?

Reactions: WanderingSpirit
So I've created a nice compilation of mavic air 2 video clips to help a co-worker market a piece of real estate. The last 2 clips are quickshots. The volume drops on the quickshots and my efforts to increase the volume in Imovie haven't worked.

Is this par for the course or is there a way to adjust volume to match the prior video? Thank you in advance for feedback and insights.
What is the audio? Is it something specific to the quick shots? Usually I just have the audio and video be independent of each other so the audio isn’t connected to any clip.

The audio is from Imovie. I have x number of video clips, and the last 2 clips are quickshots. When the video gets to the start of the quickshot section it lowers. I've attempted to bring the volume up different percentages to match with the larger body. I thought there would be no issue. I was wrong ; ) And yes Imovie will let me make the volume changes in editing. However, they don't change volume. The volume remains the same.

I've redone the audio as well and the volume still remains lower for the last 2 clips. This is the reason why I'm seeking insight. I'm open to suggestions ...

When you edited the quickshots did you silence the music before you
took them to iMovie or am I just not understanding what your saying.

When you edited the quickshots did you silence the music before you
took them to iMovie or am I just not understanding what your saying.

The edit process was completed and all clips were together. Then I chose the music. Volume was steady and the same throughout up until it reaches the last 2 quickshots. So for 1:15 seconds volume is at 7 on a 10 point scale. The last :14 seconds, comprising the 2 quickshots the volume is 4 to paint a better picture.

Is there a remedy or do quickshots simply lock out editing specs?

I don’t know, ive always just removed the sound in iMovie on them.

You have 2 independent sources here they are not related at all.

tbe video is silent so no need to touch the audio on the video line.

on the audio simply select all the audio tracks and drag the volume to the same level. If you do that and the 2nd audio clip is too high (or low) then adjust that independently ..

make sure you aren’t ramping the volume up/down near the end of the audio clips.

You have 2 independent sources here they are not related at all.

tbe video is silent so no need to touch the audio on the video line.

on the audio simply select all the audio tracks and drag the volume to the same level. If you do that and the 2nd audio clip is too high (or low) then adjust that independently ..

make sure you aren’t ramping the volume up/down near the end of the audio clips.

Thank you for the feedback. You get it, however, the issue is when I adjust the clips independently in Imovie they don't adjust. The volume remains lower than the rest of the "movie" in those 2 quickshot clips.

This is confusing to follow. Perhaps you could post a copy of the video so we can see what you are talking about? Also, reference the issue as a timestamp in the timeline. Perhaps also a screenshot of the section of timeline in the iMovie App that you are having difficulty with would help us understand.

Also, are you using iMovie on a Mac desktop/laptop, or iMovie on iOS?

One last thing to consider is that on the Mac App Store (not iOS App Store) there is a FREE app called 'LEVELATOR' that you may find helpful. It lets you normalize the volume of multiple audio tracks so they are all at the same level. Quite useful (if editing on a Mac computer).

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anchorhavasu