DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video editing software for PC

freefallnick

Reactions
What are folks using to edit footage on their Windows PCs? I see Adobe Creative Cloud All Access is on sale for 30$ a month right now which includes Lightroom and Premiere Pro. I've used Lightroom to edit DSLR photos but have not used Premiere Pro, is that what folks are using? I see with Media Encoder you can proxy edit and then apply all your editing toward the final product so that is pretty cool. I also see you get the mobile app versions included as well so maybe I wouldn't need to purchase Lumafusion either to edit on the go?

Vegas 17 Pro for video editing and EasyHDR for HDR Pics

Can you explain the recommendation for Vegas 17 Pro? I see that one's on sale as well from Please choose your country

I was using Vegas Movie Studio 15/16 for a couple of years and have watched a lot of vids online about different versions. Guess I just thought time to make a change for a more professional version.

I dont think in afterthought the basic functionality is much different. :)

Depends how serious you want to get with editing.

Resolve is free.....

I was using Vegas Movie Studio 15/16 for a couple of years and have watched a lot of vids online about different versions. Guess I just thought time to make a change for a more professional version.

I dont think in afterthought the basic functionality is much different. :)

Depends how serious you want to get with editing.

Resolve is free.....

I guess I can’t say how serious I will get, I mean I did get the m2pro for the camera and quality and I’d like to be able to make some cool videos for your tube or social media. I guess one good thing about Vegas is you would own it outright instead of perpetual renting it.

Reactions: ZX14-R
I don't see the purpose of paying a subscription to Adobe. What I do is use the paid version of Windows movie maker cause quite honestly I don't like editing. And regardless of how you edit, YouTube only broadcasts it at 720p. I do keep all my raw footage on Blu-ray discs I burn every once in a while for safekeeping.

Reactions: Cymruflyer
I don't see the purpose of paying a subscription to Adobe. What I do is use a Windows movie maker cause quite honestly don't like editing. And regardless of how you edit, YouTube only broadcasts it at 720p. I do keep all my raw footage on Blu-ray discs I burn every once in a while for safekeeping.

I agree but as someone that shoots photos in raw I can see the advantage to shooting In d log and editing the footage later. It would also be neat to learn how to add transitions and things.

I get you. I'm just not into editing. I wish I had more patience for it but that's just me. I still wouldn't pay for an Adobe subscription. I hate that they stopped selling their software several years ago.

Reactions: Byrdman
What are folks using to edit footage on their Windows PCs? I see Adobe Creative Cloud All Access is on sale for 30$ a month right now which includes Lightroom and Premiere Pro. I've used Lightroom to edit DSLR photos but have not used Premiere Pro, is that what folks are using? I see with Media Encoder you can proxy edit and then apply all your editing toward the final product so that is pretty cool. I also see you get the mobile app versions included as well so maybe I wouldn't need to purchase Lumafusion either to edit on the go?
I use Davinci Resolve 16.1. Excellent complete system. There is a free version with 90%+ of the features of the paid studio version.

I subscribed to Adobe CC Photoshop and Lightroom for several years, and added Premiere and AE when the put it on sale. I don't know how many more months I have to go before it returns to the full price, which is very expensive. Yet Adobe Premiere is excellent for editing, but the learning curve is steep.

Davinci Resolve. Free,very powerful. Don't understand why anyone would pay for something else, especially a monthly fee.
Amen to that. It is a complete package Cut for fast editing, edit(very powerful), Color grading ( very powerful), Deliver for rendering and Fusion for animations and the such, Fairlight for complete audio editing, and a Media control section. you can find it at BlackMagicDesign.com
The free version is virtually the same as the paid Studio version and the paid version is a one time $299 fee.

On1 software makes great Photo editing programmes and they are going to soon launch their new video editing software. I have used their photo editing stuff for years and they say they will take the learning curve out of video editing, when they launch it. A Beta was expected in November but has not yet come out so keep an eye on them for the new year.

Reactions: Hauptmann
forget Adobe.... they ripp you off... for video... use Davinci Resolve... for photos... use Topaz Labs and ON1 Raw 2020

Reactions: PAW
I guess I may be the only one that uses VSDC - they have both free and paid versions.
HERE is a link if interested in checking it out.

forget Adobe.... they ripp you off... for video... use Davinci Resolve... for photos... use Topaz Labs and ON1 Raw 2020
Ok looks like Davinci is free thats cool! Topaz Labs Studio looks to be 100 or 149 for the creator bundle and Raw 2020 looks to be another 100, does that sound right? Don't think I can afford both right now, if you can only get one which would you pick?

Ok looks like Davinci is free thats cool! Topaz Labs Studio looks to be 100 or 149 for the creator bundle and Raw 2020 looks to be another 100, does that sound right? Don't think I can afford both right now, if you can only get one which would you pick?
Topaz Labs are a great bunch of programmes as well, I have them all and have been using them for the past 12 years but they are, like On1, mainly a photo editing collection, whereby Davinci Resolve is a video editing programme.
One VERY important thing about Topaz, is that you pay once and enjoy it forever. By that I mean that you never, that's right, NEVER have to pay again for any updates and improved versions of what you already own. They are the only company I know that offer their customers such a great service. All updates and improvements to the software you already own, are given to you free for as long as you own them.

Like I said, I have been using them for years and always get the latest and greatest, when it comes out, for free. I also own On1 and although they are also great, I do have to pay for updates when they come out, if I want to upgrade. They just ended their Cyber Monday special at midnight California time. I also use Adobe Photoshop CS6 but stopped upgrading once they started their monthly ransom deal they were forcing on everyone.

What I would do is look through what Topaz Labs have on offer and see what you might need for photo editing, you do not need all that they offer, so you can buy sections of it all. Then get the free Davinci Resolve for video editing and then wait until On1 releases their new video editing software in the new year, to see if that is easier to use, then get that if it is and you should be set. With that said, all three complete offerings are all great stuff to help you improve on what your original image was, so it is up to you to decide what works best for your needs and budget, but you won't go wrong with any or all of them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S