DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Editing Software Recommendations

tbw

Reactions
Being completely new to the world of drones and everything related to them, I'm up against a large learning curve. One of the things that caught my interest was the simplistic editing software that came with the Mavic Mini. However, the DJI Fly app is only available for Android or Apple operating systems. I would much prefer to attempt editing on my Windows 10 Pro system. However, apparently the DJI app is not Windows compatible. Looking for recommendations for any basic, simplistic editing software for Windows would be appreciated.

Windows Movie Maker, VSDC, OpenShot, DaVinci Resolve... To be continued by others. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: RogerDH
Just a note: Windows Movie Maker was dropped after Windows 7, but there is a very similar editor built in to the Photos app and accessed by the top menu bar selection for "Video editor." It is pretty good and easy to use for a simple editor. (If you don't have a shortcut for the Photos app, just type "photos" in the Windows search box.)

Just a note: Windows Movie Maker was dropped after Windows 7, but there is a very similar editor built in to the Photos app and accessed by the top menu bar selection for "Video editor." It is pretty good and easy to use for a simple editor. (If you don't have a shortcut for the Photos app, just type "photos" in the Windows search box.)
True, but can still be installed in Windows 10 through Windows Essentials 2012.

Being completely new to the world of drones and everything related to them, I'm up against a large learning curve. One of the things that caught my interest was the simplistic editing software that came with the Mavic Mini. However, the DJI Fly app is only available for Android or Apple operating systems. I would much prefer to attempt editing on my Windows 10 Pro system. However, apparently the DJI app is not Windows compatible. Looking for recommendations for any basic, simplistic editing software for Windows would be appreciated.
Not sure you meant exactly this but anyway

Reactions: SW_Drone_Guy
I use CyberLink PowerDirector 18

Davinci Resolve is an excellent FREE program. It is very complicated though. The manual is 3,200 pages long, so you can imagine it does everything.

I've been using Icecream Video Editor- it's free, simple to use (just drag and drop) and has some nice, albeit basic, functions.

Reactions: Spartan Drones
I am fairly new to this as well and have found that Filmora is a very easy one to use but I now use Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve. It is very powerful, (fairly) easy to use - just watch a couple of the youtube videos, there are some excellent short ones on individual operations - and is free!!

Reactions: Lbesing
I've always preferred Adobe Premiere. In fact I eagerly upgraded to a gaming desktop just so I could use Premiere Pro.
Hello, how about after effects?
I always use this sowtfare

Gopro studio or imovie

I use either Movavi or Cyberlink video editing because they are very easy to master.

If you want stitching software, I use Image Composite Editor (ICE). It's free. For video, I use Corel Video Studio. Not Free, but very functional.

I use Final Cut Pro X all the time. It is the best editing program by far, for the work I do. It manages to have a lot of power, which is hidden until you need it. Editing programs are pretty personal things, and you may want to try several.

As a note, most drone videos will not tax any editing program. Making cuts and pairing music are done by all editing programs.

Reactions: Spartan Drones
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+