DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Editing

You can find a list of commonly used video editing apps here.

Reactions: chad7218
Wondershare Filmora. Free to try with a watermark on the final export. Easy to use, does everything.

Blender. I know, it is a 3D-Animation-Suite. But you can also use it for videoediting.
It supports proxy-editing, color-grading, transitions and it exports in 4K. And it is free.

Off course it takes a while to learn it. But you can find a lot tutorials on youtube.
I learned a lot with this tutorials.

Powerdirector 15. Started with Filmora (also a good product, but a little limited) and went to Powerdirector.

There are always sales for it so don't pay full price. I bought the base (ultra) version and I don't miss anything.

Reactions: Chip D
I tried on a PC i5-5200U with 8GB and SSD and couldn't get smooth playback during editing.
Do you think it would play better on a Macbook Air mid2013?

What's your GPU? If it's integrated graphics from the cpu then that is likely why. 4k video takes a lot of resources to edit.

If you have a Mac you can use iMovie as it part of the OS, basically free. I started off with iMovie and moved up to Final Cut Pro X.

Cool thing about FCP is that you can edit in full 4K, no need to down sample the footage and kick it back up afterwards.

I tried on a PC i5-5200U with 8GB and SSD and couldn't get smooth playback during editing.

If you have a Macbook Air you can use iMovie, it comes with the OS. You don't need to buy anything and should run fine.
How much ram and what processor do you have on the MB A?.

iMovie runs fine , but I'm not sure if I can use Dlog and color correct using Lut files. It has i5 at 1.5Ghz and 4Gb of RAM. As an every day laptop is nice , but Video export takes a while...

My MBP from the same era (late 2013 maybe) can't run Resolve worth a crap. I can just barely use FCP.

What's your GPU? If it's integrated graphics from the cpu then that is likely why. 4k video takes a lot of resources to edit.

check out the edit Love it.

You used Youtube's stabilization? Turn that off, the stutter is not so great.

You used Youtube's stabilization? Turn that off, the stutter is not so great.

no i did not the glitch effect was on purpose to put what i like to call a ring effect. when going down side of church see that trees are moving but church is still. everything in the video was how i wanted to be. A video with character to it not so much picture perfect like many.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000