DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video feed and recorded video both choppy. Could RC interference be the culprit

AndyA

Reactions
Today I was flying at the local RC airplane field where there were several airplanes taking off, flying, landing, etc.

At several points I noticed the video field got really choppy, sometimes lagging a second or so behind. It didn't seem to matter if the craft was 50 feet or 500 feet away. I was flying with an iPad so I turned off Wifi and Bluetooth. Didn't seem to help. Did not try airplane mode.

On the way home I stopped by another park for a quick test flight. This time the video feed was normal. So I'm thinking that there was some kind of interference from all of the nearby RC planes.

When I looked at the recorded video on my PC I was shocked. The recorded video was choppy as well (1080p/60fps). (There was nothing special I recorded, just playing around). Unfortunately I didn't record anything at the 2nd park so I don't know if the problem cleared itself up.

I can understand why RC interference could affect the video feed but I don't see how that would have anything to do with recorded video. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom